Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Fantastic Fan Vent Cover

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 geraldlanc

geraldlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Will a standard vent cover work with a fantastic fan vent, or is there a special type needed?

Gerald

#2 WILDEBILL308

WILDEBILL308

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

I don’t know about fantastic fan but I doubt if they are that different. I would look at the hinge there are several different aftermarket covers made but the hinges vary. I would measure the node spacing and take a picture for easy reference. I found a local camper store that had several different ones.

Bill

2003 Bounder 38N
5.9 Cummins
Allison 3000MH tran.
Towing a 2014 Honda CRV with a blue Ox tow bar

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

-Mark Twain-

#3 johnbhicks

johnbhicks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Fantastic Fan has a different cover than the generic vents.

#4 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

If you ask them at a convention they will probably give you a new one.  They did that for me.

#5 Medico

Medico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

I had Max Air 2 covers put on our Fantastic Fan covers. They work fine.

FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655

2006 Country Coach Magna (525 HP Cat C13 1650 torque, Alison 4000 6 speed tranny), 2012 Jeep Liberty

CountryCoachMagna1med_zps83669550.jpg

#6 ggreer

ggreer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

I had a 9 y/o Damon Challenger.

While driving down the highway the wind broke and blew the lid off. I went to Fantastic Fans web site to see if I could order a new one but there was nowhere to purchase one. I noticed that their website said the the lid had a lifetime warranty. Since I was not the original purchaser I figured that it wasn't covered. I sent an email to the company to find out where I could buy a replacement. To my surprise, they responded back saying that it was covered under warranty and just needed to know my mailing address and the color of the lid.

The tech also said to make sure that the vent is all the way open when traveling. He also said that it may have bent the crank arm so they were sending me a new crank assembly along with the new lid. All of this was at no charge. There wasn't even any shipping charge. Once I sent the info that they needed, I had the new parts within 3 or 4 days.

They stand behind their products and they made the whole process very easy. 

Gary

#7 deenad

deenad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

First off, the vent covers are specific to Fantastic Vents so you have to go to them for replacements, but they have a lifetime warranty. On one of ours the mounting boss broke, called the co. All they asked was my address for shipping. Then I inquired about the double walled, insulated ones. He asked how many I need and I said two. They upgraded to the insulated ones at NO COST to me, not even shipping. However this was before they sold the company and now they charge shipping.

Deen
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 4090 350/1050 W/Banks (now 435/1200)
Towing an '05 Honda Odyssey four down
RV'ing since 1957
FMCA f47302s
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

#8 lylefikse

lylefikse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

I just put on their cover that is shown on their website to fit over the existing cover.  The regular cover opens up inside it.  This way it can be used during rain, etc.  I think even while moving.  We put it on because the flickering of the sun through the fan with the stock vent bothered my wife and agravated her migraines. This fixed this problem for us.

Lyle and Linda Fikse

2007 Damon Tuscany 4072

2013 Lincoln MKS

#9 campcop

campcop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

Depending on the fan you have, a standard vent cover may not be able to handle the air flow.....I suggest a maxx air or Fantastic fan cover made for high flow,
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
2013 Jeep Wrangler
2011 HD FXDC

#10 lylefikse

lylefikse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

We bought the cover from Fantastic Fan you are talking about.  Works great.

Lyle and Linda Fikse

2007 Damon Tuscany 4072

2013 Lincoln MKS

#11 sasmit8

sasmit8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

We have 2 Fantastic fans. One has the Fantastic over cover and one has a Camco over cover.
They both work..The Fantastic over cover allows the vent to be opened a little wider than the one with Camco over cover.
Both are great for being able to leave the vents open when it is raining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users