Jump to content

Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Create a sign-in account to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you can create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in.
FIRST-TIME USERS: For your login to carry over to the Forums, you must first sign in on the FMCA.com main site, log out, and then sign in again.

- - - - -

Dog Licenses

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dcochran1167



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

We are new Full Timers and travel with two small dogs.  They both just had their Rabies shots updated along with the other shots etc.  My question is "Do we need to get a dog license where they got the shots? "  We are in AZ now, but our residence is in SD (mailing service), so I am unclear of what I need to do.    Thanks for your input on this. 


  • 0

#2 kingfr


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Location:Full Timer - Anywhere USA - Sometimes in Alabama
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

We've been fulltiming for 6 years, with two Beagles. No licenses required, just keep them up to date on their shots and have your records available. Dog licenses are municipal things which residents of the municipality must have, but they don't apply to visitors.

  • 0

Kay - Co-pilot
Allie - Beagle

Rascal - Beagle

2015 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Toad
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

#3 Medico


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Location:Where ever the front of the coach takes us!
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

X2 We were told by the people who run the rescue where we got our new family member that no license is required. Also many municipalities no longer require licenses for permanent residents.

  • 0

FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655


2006 Country Coach Magna (525 HP Cat C13 1650 torque, Alison 4000 6 speed tranny), 2012 Jeep Liberty




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users