I found a couple of screws on the floor under the dinette the other day. I got to looking and they had pulled out of the base the support leg screws into. My first thought was to just get bigger screws but decided to try something a little different.
I turned the table top over so I could work on it and marked the location with 2 in masking tape. I then took out the other screws. I then took a 3/8 drill bit and marked how deep to drill (using one of the screws as a guide) wrapped the drill bit with about 5 or 6 layers of tape. This acts as a stop so you don’t drill through the table top.
I then mixed up enough JB weld to fill the holes. I scuffed the back of the bracket and the “wood” cleaned every thing with acetone. After filling the holes I coated the back of the bracket with JB weld and located it to the surface. I then set the screws in the epoxy. I turned them in so there wouldn’t be any voids or gaps. I used a little weight on the bracket to hold it in place and formed any excess into a fillet seal around the bracket. After it was nearly set up I removed the tape and cleaned any excess off with a sharp putty knife.
Well we will see how long this holds up.