Photo
- - - - -

Savannah Bound

Best Answer johnbhicks, 16 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Red Gate CG http://redgatecampgr.../Home_Page.html is decent. Out front towards the road is a large field with gravelled sites, big-rig friendly, and in back (the "semi-secluded wooded sites") the couple of sites are huge-rig friendly and there's a tree or two. Since the place is farm fields and pastures there's plenty of room for your dog although running free isn't permitted.

Red Gate advertises itself as a resort but it really isn't; it's a handy place close-in to town with big FHU sites. If you're interested, the tour trolley will pick you up right there at the CG and take you into town and of course you can ride the trolley all over town. Arrange that with the CG office.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gcollins

gcollins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Looking for a good spot to spend couple days,dog friendly room for big rig.

Thanks!!!

#2 zorro2kita

zorro2kita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

Having lived in the Hilton Head Island area for 13 years, there are 2 big rig and dog friendly rv parks located on the Island -  Savannah is only  a 25-30 minute drive away -  may be  a better option versus a small state park -   let me know if you need any further info --

2003 Pace Arrow - 37A Workhorse Chassis 8.1L Vortec engine - Toad - 2009 Saturn Vue - Pilot - Nick Co-Pilot - Sandy

#3 johnbhicks

johnbhicks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:47 AM   Best Answer

Red Gate CG http://redgatecampgr.../Home_Page.html is decent. Out front towards the road is a large field with gravelled sites, big-rig friendly, and in back (the "semi-secluded wooded sites") the couple of sites are huge-rig friendly and there's a tree or two. Since the place is farm fields and pastures there's plenty of room for your dog although running free isn't permitted.

Red Gate advertises itself as a resort but it really isn't; it's a handy place close-in to town with big FHU sites. If you're interested, the tour trolley will pick you up right there at the CG and take you into town and of course you can ride the trolley all over town. Arrange that with the CG office.

#4 gcollins

gcollins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Thanksj johnbhicks sounds like red gate is what we need for just a nite or two don't need a resort ,merry CHRISTmas to you all !!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Newbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users