Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Toilet Riser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnQFWB

JohnQFWB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Due to a medical condition, I require a "Higher Throne."  My Safari has a Sealand 500 series toilet.  Thetford makes a toilet riser that elevates the throne 2 1/2 inches which is perfect.  However, the weight capacity of the riser is 350 pounds, and I am sorry to say, a little under that 350 limit.  I known the riser is made out of plastic and hollow but what I am wondering is; can I drill a hole in it and fill with some type of hardener??

1997 Safari Serengeti M-4040
2002 VW Jetta TDI Toad & 2004 Ford Explorer Limited

#2 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Why don't you raise the toilet by putting a 2 1/2 inch spacer at the base, unscrew the flange from the holding tank and insert a 3 inch pvc pipe extender.  Thats what I did with mine.

#3 Wayne77590

Wayne77590

USMC (Ret)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

I had the riser, but at the same time I ordered a higher "throne."  Installed both and after first use with DW's feet dangling she said "Remove it, please."  The 17 inch throne was high enough.  I don't see any reason why you could not add a hardener.  Give Thetford a call, they may even have something already developed.

Wayne, MSgt, USMC (Ret)

2008 Winnebago Destination

2013 Lincoln MKX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users