Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Two Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Firestarter

Firestarter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

Well, I know that this will sound a bit made up and I wish it was, but...

This year, almost all of our devices and appliances started canceling every cooperation. It started with a dish washer (luckily it still has a guarantee, but I'm still in the process of solving that with my repairman). This happened on January 2nd :D

After that my car had some problem with bearings, so that was a lot of fun when I needed to part from cash for the repair work. 

And now, like a cherry on top the ice cream, my precious ice maker stopped working. It's a portable NewAir which accompanied me on my fishing trips for almost a decade now.

1st question, is about the dish washer and I really don't know if it goes here. It started to behave very temperamentally: one day it's working, the next day, it doesn't. Even some of the buttons don't react every time when I press them. It's some Chinese Elin dish washer. I don't believe anyone heard about it, but it was cheap when we got it :P Any ideas what can be the cause?

2nd question concerns the ice maker. I'm now finally at peace with the thought that I would need a new ice maker, but I need some advice about good portable ones. I've been checking out this one, but I'd like to hear someone who actually used it and has some experience-based opinions about it.

I apologize for... just a tad too long a post and thank you in advance for all your kind help and answers.

#2 Elkhartjim

Elkhartjim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

Deleted

Jim Sims
2008 38S Fleetwood Bounder DP

Houston, TX area

#3 kaypsmith

kaypsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Never used that brand, but I have an Emerson brand that I bought at K-MART on sale for $99.00, 5 years ago, it still works great. In this age, I would almost bet that they are made by the same parent company, just painted another color and branded differently.

Kay

#4 wolfe10

wolfe10

Advanced Member

• Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

No, the link was not spam (by placing the cursor over the link, you can see the web-address before clicking on it), but since we don't know anything about what dishwasher he has, difficult to give meaningful recommendations.

And, have never seen that icemaker in an RV.

Dianne and Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
Moderator, FMCA.com Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)

#5 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Firestarter,

Are we talking about a dishwasher in your coach or house? The icemaker is not an RV item.

Are you talking about RV items or household items?? You have us confused.

Herman

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins
Whitewright, TEXAS
F302225
'02 Monaco Dynasty
40 ft 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
US Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers