Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Need Remote For TV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tigressabebe

tigressabebe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'mlooking for a remote control for a Jensen TV JE2707 model and it is no longer available  ANYWHERE online for sale as its been discontinued.does anyone have one to sell or know where I can purchase it?

i've tried all the remote online dealers and ebay already.

Thanks

#2 tcolburn

tcolburn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

Does it have to be a Jensen remote? Just wondering if one of those "universal" remotes would work...

Tim & Liz Colburn

F428940
Park Forest, IL
'04 Fleetwood Revolution 40C

#3 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

Tigressabebe,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

I was wondering how you made out, or if the information I posted on your Blog was of any help.

Do you have the owners manual for the unit and will the unit work when using the the controls on the set its self ?

Sounds like the replacement remote information I posted at the Jensen link did not work.

Have any of the universal remotes worked to some degree, like turning it on and off at all ?

When Bill chimes in he might have some good information. Think he is a little more current on the newer remotes I have gotten a little rusty over the last few years. LOL 

Rich.

#4 Wayne77590

Wayne77590

USMC (Ret)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

Look into a "Harmony" remote. They come in different versions for the number of units you want to operate. They are programmable over the interent with a USB  cable to the computer.  One button operation.  Check their web site for compatibility with Jensen.

Otherwise, looke at the "Universal Remotes" at local stores, get the model number and then get the manual off the Internet. It will give the TV codes, and other codes it is capable of operating.  Some can be as cheap as $10-$20, and some of the Harmony can go up to a couple hundred dollars. 

Wayne, MSgt, USMC (Ret)

2008 Winnebago Destination

2013 Lincoln MKX

#5 lylefikse

lylefikse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

Do you have the old remote?  When I needed a new one I took a picture of the old remote and e-mailed it to Jensen.  They sent me a new one just like it.

Lyle and Linda Fikse

2007 Damon Tuscany 4072

2013 Lincoln MKS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users