Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

DISH TV

Pay as you go programming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mypopslou

Mypopslou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

2 years ago I bought a portable satellite receiver and signed up for DISH's Pay as you go programming. Although it took a long time to finally get it setup in my motorhome, I was pleased with the service I received.

When winter came and it was time to place my motorhome in storage I called DISH and asked them to stop my service as told them why. They told me I could suspend my service and it would only cost me $5 a month. I explained the program I signed up for and after being transferred several time I finally found someone at DISH that knew what I was talking about. They promised it would be corrected and that I would not be charged the $5 a month.

Since that time I have had to call them about ever 3-4 months after I start receiving invoices for $5. Every time I call I get the same answers until they route me to an RV Expert who understands the program.

Has anyone else had this problem as I just received another invoice today and am really frustrated and do not want to call them again. Other than this aggravation I have been pleased with their service.

Any suggestions???

Mypopslou

2006 Damon Tuscany

2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport

#2 Born2travel

Born2travel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

The first year we used it (2011) that happened over the winter. When I called the second time to get it fixed I wouldn't even tell the person my problem I simply asked for the person that specializes in RV accounts. After a moment of silence she transferred me. I was told that the $5 per month fee is for people that are under a contract. You have to make it clear to the person that takes your call that you are an RVer not under contract and the $5 monthly fee does not apply to you. They have been putting you in the wrong category when they shut it down. The caveat is if you are leasing equipment from them it may still apply.

We haven't had a problem since when we shut it down during the off season.

#3 Mypopslou

Mypopslou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for your comments, I am not leasing equipment from them so this should not be happening.

Mypopslou

2006 Damon Tuscany

2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users