If you are having problems signing in, please contact webmaster@fmca.com. Thank you.

Photo
- - - - -

Thor Miramar or Hurricane

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vinnynlaurie

vinnynlaurie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

My husband an I purchased our first motorhome about 8 months ago and have had one problem after another with our Thor A.C.E 30.1. We are full-timers and we feel like we purchased the wrong coach. We are looking at the Miramar and Hurricane now. We want any advise on either of these coaches for full-timing?

#2 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Full timing is a personal thing.  Only you can decide what requirements you need.  As far a different brands go chances are that some units within the same manufacturer will have more problems than others.  What problems did you have with your Thor?

#3 vinnynlaurie

vinnynlaurie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

Leveling jacks (repaired 3 times now broken again), slides shifting on track, black mold on bed platform, fresh water fill, TV, radio/camera unit, and on and on. Is this typical or unusual for a Thor and/or ACE product?

#4 lmsooter

lmsooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

You don't say what problems you have had with your current coach or what specifically you want in a new coach. Was the A.C.E. purchased new?

As desertdeals69 said, full timing is a personal thing.

You are aware that the Hurricane and Miramar are also made by Thor?

We had a 2009 Hurricane 31H and really enjoyed it but when we went full time we wanted something bigger - specifically basement storage, interior storage and full length closet space.
Leary and Sandra Sooter
2006 Alfa See Ya
2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade
Roadmaster Falcon 2 Towbar
Brake Buddy Vantage

#5 vinnynlaurie

vinnynlaurie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Leveling jacks (repaired 3 times now broken again), slides shifting on track, black mold on bed platform, fresh water fill, TV, radio/camera unit, and on and on. Is this typical or unusual for a Thor and/or ACE product?

#6 hanko

hanko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Those are still Thor products. Look at the Tiffins or Winnebagos.  More money, but you get what you pay for.

FMCA 152452,  Tiffin Open Road 36LA

#7 pattexaco

pattexaco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Agree with hanko about Tiffin. We also own an Open Road 36LA, best M/H we have ever had.........

#8 73Mariner

73Mariner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

Stay away from any Thor product. I have a new Palazzo that is nothing but failures, design problems, poor materials, and horrible workmanship.  They have serious quality control issues with all of their entire production line.

#9 jlandon13399

jlandon13399

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

"Entry level" motorhomes can be loaded with problems. My opinion is they are not built to be used full time. Hanko really hit the nail on the head. Good advice. I have been pushing quality control issues since I joined the forum. There are just more examples of what the industry needs to eliminate.

Jack & Sheralyn Landon

2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40 SKQ

2013 Honda CRV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users