Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Storage Compartments Locked

Best Answer TRVL42, 12 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

Update:  We were able to remove the u-bolts (latch catches) from inside the bay compartments and this released the doors.  Removed the solenoid/actuators and replaced the door latch.  The owner elected to do away the electricial solenoid/actuators and manually open and lock the doors. We appreciate the input to resolve the issue.  This certainly is better that destroying the doors.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TRVL42

TRVL42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

We are currently camping in Cape Hatteras, NC.  The couple next to us has a 2008 Monaco Camelot.  The keypad controls locking/unlocking the door and storage compartments.  The electricial systems is multiplex.  The door will open, however three storage compartments will not unlockHow do you bypass the system to get the storage compartment doors to open.  Hope he doesn't have to force the doors open (costly repair).  Any suggestions.

Gary & Janis Martin
2008 Monaco Knight SKQ w/Cummins ISC 330/Allison 3000
Towing 2009 Saturn Vue

#2 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Gary,

Are the storage compartments that do not open in the same area / same side?

Does the coach have pass through that opens on one side?

Latch actuators / solenoids would need a 12 volt source to pull the release pins / bars, by chance is there any other 12 volt system / items that do not work?

Rich.

Edit,

Does the coach have a Bay lock switch on the dash?

#3 TRVL42

TRVL42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Rich,

He has three doors that will not open. Two on the drivers side and one on the co-pilot side. One bay does have pass through.  Don't think he has any other system that does not work.  We will be checking tomorrow on other options.  Let you know tomorrow (dark now).

Gary & Janis Martin
Towing 2009 Saturn Vue

#4 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Gary, sounds good to me. I sent you a PM with some additional information. Think if you can find the security control module, that we my be able to come up with a way to get them unlocked. 

Can go over the thought I have after you look things over in the morning.

Rich.

#5 WILDEBILL308

WILDEBILL308

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

Can you hear the solenoids make a noise when  you try to activate them? If they do, push in on the door a little when someone tries to activate them.

Bill

2003 Bounder 38N
5.9 Cummins
Allison 3000MH tran.
Towing a 2014 Honda CRV with a blue Ox tow bar

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

-Mark Twain-

#6 TRVL42

TRVL42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:07 PM   Best Answer

Update:  We were able to remove the u-bolts (latch catches) from inside the bay compartments and this released the doors.  Removed the solenoid/actuators and replaced the door latch.  The owner elected to do away the electricial solenoid/actuators and manually open and lock the doors. We appreciate the input to resolve the issue.  This certainly is better that destroying the doors.

Gary & Janis Martin
Towing 2009 Saturn Vue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users