The Forums sign-in currently is not functional while we configure a new server.  Thank you for your patience while we work to get this back up as quickly as possible.

Photo
- - - - -

Baseplate Installation-- Memphis TN Area

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tguthrie

tguthrie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

Does anyone know a good place to have a baseplate and wiring done on new dinghy anywhere in the Memphis, TN area?  It will need to be a Blue Ox system and I have already checked the Blue Ox dealer in Memphis, but was not to impressed.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

#2 mrboyer

mrboyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

I have only worked with Roadmaster, but the instructions are very clear to do it your self if you have common tools.  I have installed base plates on 4 autos.  The worst was to drill a 7/16 hole. The first took 4 hours and the last one 2 1/2.

The wiring is another story because wiring takes much longer.  I do recommend using diodes vs. second light socket and bulbs in the tail and brake lights.

Camping Worlds will do either or both, but may be pricy.

Ross & Melanie Boyer

2006 Fleetwood Expedition 37U

Cat C-7 300HP

Allison MH3000

#3 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

X2

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins, F302225
Whitewright, TEXAS
'02 Monaco Dynasty, 40-foot 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
U.S. Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers
Rally in The Pasture

#4 Elkhartjim

Elkhartjim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

I'm installing a Blue Ox baseplate on my 2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler tomorrow.  This will be my third install - 2011 Malibu, 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ.  The Jeep are easy.  If your mechanically inclined and have a the necessary tools, its a doable DIY project. I prefer the separate bulb vs the diodes.  I used diodes on the Malibu and they were a constant problem.

I will install the M&G Engineering brake system next.

Camping World has a special installation price if you purchase the baseplate from them.  I believe its $29 or $39. 

Jim Sims
2008 38S Fleetwood Bounder DP

Houston, TX area

#5 Walt2137

Walt2137

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

I have installed at least 15 +- Roadmaster Brackets in the last 20 yrs including a few for friends but the last two I installed it sure is taking longer the older I get the harder it is get up and back down about 50 times for the install, takes a couple days for me to get over it. I need to hire someone to hand me tools and it would be a easy job. Its 4 Roadmaster Brackets in my shop now off of some of my toads and one that was never installed, a 2011 Flex,  a 2010 Equinox, a 2011 Edge, and a little Ford Festiva bracket

Walt F191141<p>2000 Dynasty towing 2013 CC F150 4X4 or 2014 Chevy Spark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users