Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

New LED TVs + In Old Coach Diys?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rsbilledwards

rsbilledwards

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

2001 Safari Zanzibar 123103     The project involves removing said Toshiba boat anchors and replacing with nice light Samsung 27 LED HDTV and a 32inch Smart LED HDTV units to replace them. Ok, the anchors are gone and at Best Buy. The TVs are hung on nice MoRyde articulated arms and locked in place. The new Direct TV traveler SMW3 is mounted and wires routed into coach. Now there are a lot of wires to be dealt with. Some will obviously go and some stay. HDMI is the current technology and does not appear to link up easily with coaxial cable era. I also have the HD antenna with an amplified signal and a Blue Ray player to combine into the system.  There is a push button router, likely to go and an A/B switch installed in the UHF antenna wiring, this likely stays. There is one coaxial cable to the rear tv and one to the basement. Maybe a good place to put the satellite receiver if wireless. Service will be Direct TV.  What is the best route to take, wireless or hardwired ? What components are needed from here, let's do it with quality stuff. Certainly wireless would eliminate emptying the basement to route wires. Will Direct TV allow a Genie system in our coaches if we have one in house at home?  Thanks in advance   Bill

#2 BillAdams

BillAdams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

DirecTV will only allow one Genie per account.  If you have a Genie now you can simply move it between the home and RV as necessary.  If you have the C41W wireless clients that makes the setup in your RV even easier.

Bill

F192XXX

#3 rsbilledwards

rsbilledwards

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

Ok that issue over the Genie is resolved, move it from house to coach. How about the integration of the other electronics?     B

#4 jerrysat

jerrysat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

You will need to get a switch for your traveler, at least I did. No big deal, wiring diagram at Wingard web site. I put my switch on the roof only needing to send two coax cables and a power cord for the antenna through the roof. When I did mine, the wireless genies were not yet available so I have coax going to the bedroom.

Jerry

#5 BillAdams

BillAdams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

You will need to get a switch for your traveler, at least I did. No big deal, wiring diagram at Wingard web site. I put my switch on the roof only needing to send two coax cables and a power cord for the antenna through the roof. When I did mine, the wireless genies were not yet available so I have coax going to the bedroom.

Jerry

No, no switch or additional hardware required.  The current Trav'ler, SK-SWM3, has the DirecTV SWM technology built in and the Genie and client(s) work right out of the box.

Bill

F192XXX

#6 ivycole

ivycole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Any suggestions on mounting a new led TV in the hole up front left by the removal of the 27 inch tube TV on a 2003 35E bounder?

The hole is 27 by 26 and is made out of 1/2 inch plywood. Anyone ever do a ceiling mount in a TPO roof?

I placed a 32in led TV in the bedroom using a Mor/Ryde TV40001HS mount. Fits and works perfectly. I was thinking of using a wall mount on one of the 1/2 plywood sides of the cabinet box but I am not sure what the original cabinet box is attached to or how it is attached. However it did hold the million pound :) 27 inch tube TV without any issues.

#7 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

Ivy,

I replaced our 27" with a Vizio 32". I removed the old TV (to this day I still do not know how I got it out by myself). Took down the cabinet and shortened it by 7". The cabinet, on our Dynasty has several screws on each side, holding it to the cabinets on each side and in the top. The Vizio was exactly the same width as the outside of the cabinet. To take out the old TV you need to remove the buttons and frame around the old TV. You can remount the frame around cut down box, the stain matched with no problem. Carefully, with the help of a friend take out the old unit. Be sure to mark the wires to the old set. I mounted the new unit to a board I put across inside of the box. I drilled 4 holes to match the mounting screws for the wall mount. I took 4 each 6 mm screws cut off the heads to make them studs and secured them to the back of the TV. (I did have an access hole in the back of the cabinet that I was able to reach in and put nuts on the studs protruding through the mounting board.)

If you will PM me with your email I will send you a picture of the completed cabinet. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the open cabinet.

Herman

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins, F302225
Whitewright, TEXAS
'02 Monaco Dynasty, 40-foot 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
U.S. Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers
Rally in The Pasture

#8 JohnQFWB

JohnQFWB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hi Fellow Safari-ite, just finished upgrading the "Entertainment System" in my 97 Serengeti. I went for the Winegard HD Antenna, a SlimLine 3. Then for the front TV, I opted for a 27" Samsung, a 26" Samsung for the bedroom, an finally a 19" samsung for the basement.  For Sat Rec's, a DTV HR20-700 as the main DVR upfront and DTV H25's for the other locations.  I have eliminated a "Switch Box" up front because it was nothing but trouble.  Each location (TV's) is served via RG6 coax for the Sat Rec.  I did locate the "Splitter" for the bedroom & Basement locationsa and eliminated it, i.e., made a seperate/independent RG6 coax runs.  The way I hook up my Over The Air (OTA) & RV Park cable is to "Join" them via a Radio Shack Video A/B switch, and then a 3 way splitter to each location via RG6 independent coax runs to the coax input of each TV.  I have attach a confguration diagram of the whole setup.

Attached Thumbnails

• Safari Serengeti M-4040 Entertainment Configuration.gif

1997 Safari Serengeti M-4040
2002 VW Jetta TDI Toad & 2004 Ford Explorer Limited

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users