• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mandy2008

mandy2008

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Considering a Palazzo 36.1. Would love a review.

#2 jim.grove

jim.grove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Mandy,

I'm sorry that I have not responded to your question sooner but I seldom read this forum.

I own a 2013 Palazzo 36.1.

Here is what we like:

1.  the floor plan

2.  the large basement door

3.  the mud room

4.  the Freightliner chassis

5.  the Thor helpline and support

6.  lots of storage

Here is the short list of what we dislike:

1.  the shoddy workmanship and poor cabinetry

2.  two black tanks

3.  the schwintek slide mechanisms

4.  the cheap components

5.  noisy airconditioners

6.  air mattresses

7.  very poor dealer support from Camping World

I would not buy one with the knowledge I now have.  I suggest your visit iRV2.com and read comments from all of the dissatisfied owners of Palazzos

#3 jlandon13399

jlandon13399

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

Mandy,

Unless there are no options for you do NOT buy a Palazzo! Just my two cents worth...

Jack & Sheralyn Landon

2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40 SKQ

2013 Honda CRV

#4 RVerOnTheMove

RVerOnTheMove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

Mandy,

Unless there are no options for you do NOT buy a Palazzo! Just my two cents worth...

Some reasons behind this post would be useful to the OP.  As it stands it really does him no good.

It's like saying Don't Ever Go to Johnny Rockets and just leaving it at that.

Bill

#5 JackHoppus

JackHoppus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

Hey Mandy!
Just saw your post. We are Newmar Dutch Star owners but are currently in Ruidoso NM camping next to a 2014 33.1 Palazzo.
I was just visiting with the very nice owners and asked them how they liked it. They said this was their first trip since buying it in the beginning of June this year. It has been in the repair shop for 12 weeks since they bought it. Many problems from slides to other poor quality issues. Bought at Camping World. We were sitting outside visiting when the outside TV came on by itself!!! They are NOT happy campers!

#6 TheArnolds

TheArnolds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

We have owned our Palazzo 33.1 for 26 months and have traveled from Florida to Michigan and Wyoming to Virginia Beach and all places in-between.   We are getting ready to head out again for a 3000 mile trip through the Northeast and Nova Scotia and back to attend the Thor Diesel Club rally in Goshen, IN.  After saying all this We am very happy with our Palazzo and the service we have received from Thor and Freightliner.  I am very active on iRV2.com (2000+ posts) and they have a section dedicated to the Palazzo; http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/  with more than 100 owners commenting.  The Thor Diesel Club also has a forum http://www.thordieselclub.org/ that could be referenced.

The Palazzo is our 2nd Thor product and we would buy Thor again if we were in the market for a new coach.  The Palazzo has had some issues but Thor has stood tall getting the problems fixed up to and including replacing an owners coach with a newer and different model.  I have never read where any other coach manufacturer has done so much!  Most coaches have you go to the end of the line once you are out of warranty, not Thor.  They continue to service your coach, sometimes without charge long after the coach warranty has expired.

In my humble opinion you can’t get as much coach for the dollars at any other manufacturer!

Jack & Karen Arnold

Fairfield, Ohio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users