• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 petersensrv

petersensrv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

We are new to RVing and am looking to purchase a good portable propane BBQ with a stand. 

Would like to be able purchase extended line for hooking to RV propane tank and not have to carry separate bottles.

Any suggestions on brands, features to look for, size, etc.?

Thanks,

Bill

#2 Elkhartjim

Elkhartjim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

http://www.amazon.co..._sl_wtry1yc89_b

Jim Sims
2008 38S Fleetwood Bounder DP

Houston, TX area

#3 remeola

remeola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

This is the one we use. It will fold down to a fairly easy to store size. This is a grill not a BBQ so you have to leave the cover up/open to cook on it.

I gave up on the "table" models since we did not always have table to place the grill on; and some campground tables are now plastic and not good for placing a grill on due the potential to melt the table top.

http://www.amazon.co...=roadtrip grill

#4 BillAdams

BillAdams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

I like the Solaire grills.  They are expensive but will last forever and the amount of heat from the infrared element is unbelieveable.

http://solairegasgri...ortable-grills/

Bill

F192XXX

#5 huffypuff

huffypuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

The one I use is a Traeger PTG.  It burns different flavor pellets and can smoke as well as BBQ.  It needs 120 volts for fan and element and you can even use a cheap inverter.  After using a Traeger grill I will never use propane again.  

http://www.traegergr...20#.U54uK5RdWxQ

At Redmond, OR

Ray & Hana Huffman

2006 Holiday Rambler, Ambassador PLQ 40' 10" 

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD used as toad

2012 Cadillac SRX4

1976 Cadillac Coupe deVille

2009 7,000 lbs Carhauler Trailer

#6 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

We have carried a Baby "Q" for years. Works on butane throw away cans and we also have a hose to connect to refillable bottles. Haven't tried it on coach butane.

Herman

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins, F302225
Whitewright, TEXAS
'02 Monaco Dynasty, 40-foot 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
U.S. Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers
Rally in The Pasture

#7 kaypsmith

kaypsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

I, like huffypuff use the Traeger PTG. It is not propane but have owned 3 propane before, and would not go back. It did not come with a stand but there is one available that takes up little room for storage.

#8 bizsmith@yahoo.com

bizsmith@yahoo.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

We use the Baby Q from Weber but be aware there are 2 models available. The model 120 has a higher dome lid and has a thermometer. When we bought ours it was a little hard to find and I'm glad we did the search. Lowes had it but only by special order. We have tried several and I am convinced there is no "best" grill but this one meets our needs.

#9 nitehawk

nitehawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Herman, I use a hose from our coach propane tank. Something plugged the Weber regulator on our Q-100 with the yellow stuff soon after I started using the 25' hose. I had used the hose on our fire ring and Coleman stove several times with no problems. I purchased a new regulator at Ace Hardware and now no problems whatsoever. I have heard of others having problems with the stock regulator after converting to the higher pressure(?) coach tank. At least I think the tank is at higher pressure. Don't know for sure, but something caused the failure. I had set my stock regulator on the floor at Ace and the yellow fluid came pouring out. Shaking it caused a lot more to come out.

By the way, our coach propane tank is a 50 gallon model and gets used for our four burner coach stove & oven, furnaces (2), outside Coleman stove, Weber grill, coach Onan Emerald III generator, and Fire pit. So we are replenishing the 44 gallons in the tank frequently.

Was there too much of "that smelly additive" in our tank? Don't know, but  everything worked fine except for the original Q-100 regulator.

#10 wigginsjsr

wigginsjsr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

After trying a number of grills, we settled on the Charbroil Grill2Go. It is small enough to store in a compartment, and uses infrared heat. Well built and inexpensive. http://www.amazon.co...rbroil grill2go

#11 Manholt

Manholt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

Weber 120. Have had all available, from $ 30-350, Weber is still the best! Back in the 80's, we had
3 metal rings that made an inverted pyramid, used a crumbled up page of newspaper and a teaspoon of
veg. oil...have not seen them in 30+ years.

Carl C.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users