The Things I Like Most About My Roadtreking Life
Entry posted by Roadtrekingmike ·
As we wait to set off on our next trip, I’m thinking about all the things I like about this new small motorhome lifestyle we have embraced.
- Waking up to sunlight streaming around the edges of the shades of our Roadtrek and the smell of that first cup of coffee brewing as I start the day.
- The first peek out the window at our surroundings. We boondock a lot so often, it’s wildlife I see. I love to sip that coffee and quietly watch the world wake up.
- The smell of bacon frying as I start to make breakfast on the picnic table outside.
- Taking Tai for his morning walk in a new campground or forest.
- Walking with Jennifer, exploring our surroundings, hand-in-hand
- Doing my morning blog work from a campchair next to the Roadtrek.
- Watching the landscape which unfolds like a high definition movie on the other side of the windshield as we head to our next destination.
- Changing our mind on route and stopping on a whim to spend the night at a spot we didn’t expect to find but looks inviting
- Quiet, two-lane state or county roads, the “Blue Highways” that let us see the small towns and farms and wide open spaces far off the hurried interstates.
- Finding a local “Mom and Pop” restaurant or market or local produce stand that lets us experience local and regional foods that aren’t pre-packaged, frozen or microwaved.
- Taking a nap in the middle of the day in our “look-at-the-sky” chairs outside the Roadtrek.
- Meeting new people who share our live of travel and the outdoors. Everybody has a story. Everybody has something to teach us.
- Watching a sunset from a new place.
- Seeing the clouds pass by in a bright blue sky, with some birds way up high coasting on the thermals. Or seeing the stars in a jet black sky far from big city light pollution. This is why we call our tilt-back chairs “look-at-the-sky” chairs.
- The smell of a campfire
- Watching the fire sitting next to Jennifer, with Tai behind us with his back to the fire. Not saying a word, just being together, content, relaxed and listening to the wood crackle and burn as it turns into a bed of hot red embers
- Hearing an owl late at night just before we drift off to sleep in our king sized bed atop the four inch mattress topper that makes it so comfortable.
There you go. That’s my list. What would you add?
There are no comments to display.
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now