All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. huffypuff

I'm Back

We hope to make it to Redmond and get some of the things we lost.
  3. Today
  4. erniee

I'm Back

Time to get on the road
  5. Congratulations Ray and Hana on the new purchase. So sorry to hear of the terrible things you had to endure. A few shake down trips and a snowbird trip is in store. We don't call y'all "snowbirds," we call y'all "Winter Texans!" Welcome back! Happy trails!
  6. huffypuff

I'm Back

In case you don't know, I had a 2019 Entregra Anthem 44B we purchased new in March of 2020. In July of 2023, a Kia Soul sideswiped the right front, went sideways into the front, and got hit after I hit the brakes. That spun him, and he took out three cargo doors—total damage to the coach just under 30K. I decided to take the coach to S&S Automotive in Wakarusa, IN, as the Entegra factory recommended place. I also have them installed with fully dressed stainless trim up to the level of the Entegra Cornerstone. While my coach was in their bodyshop, it burnt down to the ground, cremating my coach and everything in it. That was May 27, 2023, and we were devastated to the point of not buying another. The body shop insurance stunk, and we had to go through our RV and home insurance. We missed last winter snowbirding and decided to get another RV for that purpose and some summer fun. We decided to ensure the coach we get is paid entirely in cash and is reliable. We also decided to downsize a bit. We came across a Newmar Kountry Star 3624 with 37,624 miles on it. The dealer will put new tires, batteries, and a new washer and dryer in it. They will perform a complete PDI on it, fix all the little things they find, and replace safety items such as fire extinguishers, smoke, and gas detectors. We already tested it, and it has comfort drive steering, and I love it. We are supposed to pick it up on Monday or after the PDI is done. Then, we have to get some of the lost content. Note: I will change picture of coach when I get it.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Last week
  9. Thank you all for your suggestions. Love being able to tap into your guys experiences over the years...
  10. My 45' Class-A motorhome has a rock guard installed 4" from the ground, just as Ross mentioned above. I also use a Roadmaster Guardian shield on the front of our Jeep Grand Cherokee when towing. This has been a good combination for me to keep the rocks off of the Jeep's painted surfaces. That said, the windshield still looks like it was lightly sand-blasted after towing it over 40,000 miles. Also, the entire Jeep is a mess after driving through rain. I recently did some research and found the product below, the Sunguard Tow Car Shield. This looks like it would better protect a toad than the Guardian or Tow Defender (a flat screen installed between the towed vehicle and motorhome). Note that I have no affiliation with Sunguard. It’s not inexpensive though…. https://sunguard.com/product/tow-car-shield/ But can be purchased here for less… https://rvandoffroad.com/shop/ols/products/tow-car-shield Here’s a video on how to install it: https://rvandoffroad.com/rv-and-towables ....Steve
  11. Thank you both, duanelin and rayin, for taking the time to answer. I will look into the Stonevos.com for more info.
  12. Since the fan has not been running, when you start the car following towing, you probably will smell an oder of burning rubber. That is tire dust on the engine being heated. Don't be concerned unless you see excessive tire wear. If you do, your car may need an alignment.
  13. Some cars require good air flow through the radiator and especially the transmission cooler when being towed. Check your owner's manual for RV towing and follow the instructions given there.
  14. I agree with Ross. I removed my rear guard when I went to AK, as previous drivers said it flipped up so much crushed stone the found about a gallon of stones in the windshield wiper area. During that AK trip, at the end of one days drive the towed had so much mud on it I had to use an ice scraper to remove it from its windshield so I could see to drive it to a car wash. I bought semi-tractor mud flaps, cut them to size and bolted them behind my MH duals, that has worked much better than the full-width flap.
  15. Biggest problem is its a black car. It wil get dirty sitting in a closed garage. I tow a black GMC Canyon P/U and when it get dirty, most every day, I wash it if it bothers me. When its been raining, forget about it.
  16. A solid rock guard the full width of motor home and 4 inches of space between it and ground. Lower will cause a lot of flipped rocks. Higher and you might as well not have it. I think you can search the forum for the same issue was fully covered a few years ago.
  17. Thanks I am leaning that way. So far I have not seen any options which dont have issues, at least in the reviews....
  18. We had an OEM rock guard. Used it for a couple of years and finally took it off. It dragged going in and out of some CGs, and did not do a good job protecting the toad. So I don't have an answer for you, other than trying the ''big brush" idea.
  19. Good morning RV enthusiasts! In January we purchased a 2022 Jayco 37 foot Super C and just completed our first trip. The RV does not have any kind of skirt or curtain at the back end. Our black tow car was hard to recognize when we returned from a 15 day trip even with washing the car twice. Looking for suggestions on options to protect the car while towing. Have a curtain which looks like a big brush installed or a more solid version of the curtain? I have seen a few options with installing something directly off the Blue Ox tow bar that acts almost like a "snow plow" on the front end of the car. Any options which have worked for you? Best Coop
  20. Welcome to the FMCA discussion forums! There are numerous how-to videos for replacing topper material. The choice of materials is wide, depending on the brand of slide topper. I'm going to hire mine replaced due to my age.
  21. Stonevos.com They use the best fabric and thread and have trhe best warrenty on toppers
  22. Greetings All. I am a new member here and looking for advice on what companies make replacement material for my slide topper. I scraped the the roll on a low tree limb when I was pulling out of a site and damaged the material. The mechanism works fine so I would potentially remove the topper assembly and just replace the material. I had the topper apart last season to replace a broken( I don't know how) end bracket so I am familiar with removing and reinstalling. Any advice/information is welcome.
  23. Earlier
  24. I have the macerator toilet in a Tiffin 2016 Allegro 36LA. The toilet is sensitive to both water level and ground level. Sometimes adding more water helps. It will not work on my sloping street. Has to be level. Mine was working intermittently so I replaced the controller (buttons you push to flush) with a new one. It worked for a while and then started the intermittent thing. Now won't work at all. Should I replace again? Bob Elder
  25. You haven't read much reviews lately. The guy on irv2.com had his ISX engine blow 2X. He didn't have a ESC so he is out of pocket a bit over $37,000 for rebuilding his engine 2X. Cummins kicked in $10,000 the first rebuild.
  26. I have never had one, but from everything i've read, if you take the $$ you would be paying each month to the extended warrenty company, and put it in a savings account for RV repairs, you would come out ahead.
  27. I have valve extensions on my duals, they’re coming off when I change tires this fall. I had one lose air on a trip. Not fun trying to air up a completely flat tire in a campground at 7AM.
  28. The brass ones can bend, the chrome ones not so. Dually Valves are my personal choice in Ray's post. My choice of Dually Valves is that they are tailored to the make and model vehicle you have.
  29. Many truck tire installers have 10" long valve stems that they can bend to fit. They are very solid and will hold the TPMS sensor.
  30. Surely there are enough non-airtight holes around to pass one through. Also they make a flat cable that will close on a window and still provide feed.
  1. Load more activity