All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Thanks I am leaning that way. So far I have not seen any options which dont have issues, at least in the reviews....
  3. We had an OEM rock guard. Used it for a couple of years and finally took it off. It dragged going in and out of some CGs, and did not do a good job protecting the toad. So I don't have an answer for you, other than trying the ''big brush" idea.
  4. Good morning RV enthusiasts! In January we purchased a 2022 Jayco 37 foot Super C and just completed our first trip. The RV does not have any kind of skirt or curtain at the back end. Our black tow car was hard to recognize when we returned from a 15 day trip even with washing the car twice. Looking for suggestions on options to protect the car while towing. Have a curtain which looks like a big brush installed or a more solid version of the curtain? I have seen a few options with installing something directly off the Blue Ox tow bar that acts almost like a "snow plow" on the front end of the car. Any options which have worked for you? Best Coop
  5. Welcome to the FMCA discussion forums! There are numerous how-to videos for replacing topper material. The choice of materials is wide, depending on the brand of slide topper. I'm going to hire mine replaced due to my age.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Stonevos.com They use the best fabric and thread and have trhe best warrenty on toppers
  8. Greetings All. I am a new member here and looking for advice on what companies make replacement material for my slide topper. I scraped the the roll on a low tree limb when I was pulling out of a site and damaged the material. The mechanism works fine so I would potentially remove the topper assembly and just replace the material. I had the topper apart last season to replace a broken( I don't know how) end bracket so I am familiar with removing and reinstalling. Any advice/information is welcome.
  9. Last week
  10. I have the macerator toilet in a Tiffin 2016 Allegro 36LA. The toilet is sensitive to both water level and ground level. Sometimes adding more water helps. It will not work on my sloping street. Has to be level. Mine was working intermittently so I replaced the controller (buttons you push to flush) with a new one. It worked for a while and then started the intermittent thing. Now won't work at all. Should I replace again? Bob Elder
  11. You haven't read much reviews lately. The guy on irv2.com had his ISX engine blow 2X. He didn't have a ESC so he is out of pocket a bit over $37,000 for rebuilding his engine 2X. Cummins kicked in $10,000 the first rebuild.
  12. I have never had one, but from everything i've read, if you take the $$ you would be paying each month to the extended warrenty company, and put it in a savings account for RV repairs, you would come out ahead.
  13. I have valve extensions on my duals, they’re coming off when I change tires this fall. I had one lose air on a trip. Not fun trying to air up a completely flat tire in a campground at 7AM.
  14. The brass ones can bend, the chrome ones not so. Dually Valves are my personal choice in Ray's post. My choice of Dually Valves is that they are tailored to the make and model vehicle you have.
  15. Many truck tire installers have 10" long valve stems that they can bend to fit. They are very solid and will hold the TPMS sensor.
  16. Surely there are enough non-airtight holes around to pass one through. Also they make a flat cable that will close on a window and still provide feed.
  17. Has anyone found a good way to route a Starlink antenna cable from inside to outside?
  18. Earlier
  19. Extensions are another connection that can fail. This iMO is the best solution: https://buytruckwheels.com/products/eseries-van-valve-stem-extension or https://yourtireshopsupply.com/manufacturer/266/duallyvalve Yes they are expensive, however they are custom made to fit Ford F350 rims, and this is a one and done purchase. They last the life of the rim, just replace the gasket with every tire replacement.
  20. Does anyone have suggestions regarding the addition of tire valve stem extensions . We have a Class B Pleasureway Ontour 2.2 on a Ford Transit 350 HD chassis. Dual wheels in rear. Checking tire inflation or adding air is nearly impossible.
  21. I had a good experience with Good Sam extended service contract. NO claim was denied, and all repairs were approved promptly. I think that is because I read the fine print before signing, so I would know their requirements and limits. I think Good Sam used Allstate at the time. wholesalewarranties.com is an independent broker, they ask you questions, and based on your answers match your MH with a company.
  22. Just bought a 2022 Grand Cherokee to tow behind our Tiffin. I want to continue to use my NSA Read Brute Elite surge brake system but am having a heck of a time figuring out where to drill a hole for the brake cable or if I even can drill one in a workable place. NOT a lot of room and what there is happens to be VERY close to the cat converter. I called NSA who has NOT done any 2022s but who pointed me to one of their best installers who was very helpful but who has also NOT done a 2022 either. Going off his latest 2021 GC, he had me pull back the carpet and cut out the rubber liner and insulation to look for certain landmarks and, low and behold, they weren't there because the 2022 changed. alot from the 2021! So my question is, has anybody with a 2022 or newer GC run a cable for the NSA product and if so, can you post a few pics of the engine compartment and maybe the interior where the cable comes through? Otherwise, I'm going to have to get a new braking system and break away cable Thanks, Mark
  23. I went with 2 gauge cable after finding a cable sizing guide chart and verifying the maximum amperage of my system. The cables were ordered from BatteryCablesUSA.com . They make “golf cart cables” which have 5/16 holes in the lugs for the 6 volt batteries instead of the 3/8 hole typically found. Got the cables fabricated to the length I selected within the week. I also ordered rubber boots, mostly to put on the parallel cables where one end is on positive post (red) and other on negative (black). I’ll need to post a picture when all installed.
  24. Welcome to the forum. I don't like/have a extended warranty. How much do they want? Put that much in a bank account and that way you will have some money to pay for repairs after your claim is denied. Bill
  25. I am researching extended warranty companies. A company called Wholesale Warranties has been recommended to me. Also, I have had past good experiences with Good Sam. Is Good Sam a still a good choice.Thanks for helping me with this.
  26. Keep your maintence up and it will be running well past 155K Bill
  27. Poor guy has been paying rent on that genset a long time, Ray.
  28. Old post, but I'm still running my 99 V10 4SPD with just 55K and running strong. Even pulling my 4500lb Jeep. Just careful with momentum.
  1. Load more activity