Thank you for replying. No we don't smell gas. Everything else that runs on propane is working.
The Motorhome and cooktop are brand new (one week old). We have been on the road for seven days and it stopped igniting (intermittently) two days ago.
The model is Suburban SCN3BE with Piezo ignition. This explanation of Piezo ignition is provided by Wikipedia: Piezo ignition is a type of ignition that is used in portable camping stoves, gas grillsand some lighters, and potato guns. It consists of a small, spring-loaded hammer which, when a button is pressed, hits a crystal of PZT or quartz crystal. Quartz ispiezoelectric, which means that it creates a voltage when deformed. This sudden forceful deformation produces a high voltage and subsequent electrical discharge, which ignites the gas.
No external electric connection is required, though wires are sometimes used to locate the sparking location away from the crystal itself. Piezo ignition systems can be operated by either a lever, push-button or built into the control knob. Only one electric spark is generated per turn of the knob or press of the button.
I wonder if the igniter is damp from all the rain we have had? But if that were true, the gas should have lit from a match. It did not.