davidsteverson

Big Bedroom Slide

Greetings, everyone. It's me - again - with another issue. Arrived in Kerrville, Tx yesterday with our 2008 Newmar MountainAire and 3 slides went out fine but the big bedroom slide did nothing. Seems to be dead. Any thoughts?

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm snakebit - bought our coach in November of 2015 with no major problems until September 2016 and now it just seems to be one thing after another. By the way, the jacks worked fine after my trip to HWH. They were slow and I wondered about them when we arrived but then they kicked in and worked fine. 

Thanks for any suggestions. David

Hi David,

Do your slides operate via electric motor?  If so, and accessible, can you check voltage to the motor while someone pushes the slide button?

Blake

David.  If it's driver side, then check for a lose connection or fitting on your HWH, Passenger side is electric...low batteries, ground wire, obstruction. When was your system last serviced?

If you need help, then call Texas Custom Coach in Pipe Creek...it's 31 miles from Kerrville, down Hwy 173 to Bandera, then 9 miles down Hwy. 16 on right side...I'm here!  They are werry good and not expensive! :D

What are you doing in Kerrville?

Carl

1 hour ago, manholt said:

David.  If it's driver side, then check for a lose connection or fitting on your HWH, Passenger side is electric...low batteries, ground wire, obstruction. When was your system last serviced?

If you need help, then call Texas Custom Coach in Pipe Creek...it's 31 miles from Kerrville, down Hwy 173 to Bandera, then 9 miles down Hwy. 16 on right side...I'm here!  They are werry good and not expensive! :D

What are you doing in Kerrville?

Carl

Carl, it is drivers side and I just came from HWH in Iowa. They fixed my jacks. Could they have knocked something loose when they were working on the jacks?  This is first time I've tried to open the slides since we had them worked on. 

We are in kerrville Til next Monday. Just seeing some of the hill country. 

48 minutes ago, davidsteverson said:

Carl, it is drivers side and I just came from HWH in Iowa. They fixed my jacks. Could they have knocked something loose when they were working on the jacks?  This is first time I've tried to open the slides since we had them worked on. 

We are in kerrville Til next Monday. Just seeing some of the hill country. 

I would go see TCC and Carl. Take 10 to Boerne then 46 to 16 turn right and you are there. You are less than 50 miles from the place that can fix your problem.

Bill

Bill, the reason, I suggested Hwy 173 and 16 in Bandera, is due to construction in Boerne at the off ramps and service roads of I-10. It's also, 2 lane road, not curvy and 20 miles shorter.  

I'll be leaving here either Sat. or Monday early for Maverick RV Park and Resort in Lajitas, TX. 

What RV park are you in?

On 10/13/2016 at 3:29 AM, manholt said:

Bill, the reason, I suggested Hwy 173 and 16 in Bandera, is due to construction in Boerne at the off ramps and service roads of I-10. It's also, 2 lane road, not curvy and 20 miles shorter.  

I'll be leaving here either Sat. or Monday early for Maverick RV Park and Resort in Lajitas, TX. 

What RV park are you in?

Michael called me yesterday. We are to be there at 730 Monday and his electrical guys are going to take a look. Thanks everyone. David. 

On 10/15/2016 at 0:17 PM, manholt said:

Mike told me you would be in Monday...see you then!

Carl

Carl, sorry we missed you. They said you were in Banderas. Thanks for the recommendation - those guys are great!

Food shopping,,,best meat market around.  Unless you go to San Antonio or Kerrvile. Saw your coach with tech, but you where not there!

Enjoy the Highway and stay safe.

Carl