mtpizza

Aqua Hot LP Heating System Howling Sound

We have a 2014 Enegra Aspire 44B with Aqua Hot LP 400 heating system. The heating unit makes an awful "howling"sound when in operation. We have had techs replace exhaust system which Aqua Hot said should fix the noise. It did not!  We had Entegra at the factory check it out and they said they adjusted and fixed the noise, that did not fix it either!

Any experience and how to eliminate the noise would be great!   Thanks for your input as it is pretty annoying when in a RV park!

MT,

Does it by some chance only howl when there is a full moon?  :P

Sorry about that. Can you determine if it is in the unit or in the duct work? You should have several zones and each has it own valve and pump. I would  start with those. Check each with a probe while the unit is howling. 

Herman 

We had a Post on this same problem around 18 months ago, in this section...I just tried but could not find it.  I think it had to do with soot build up...

Mtpizza, has it always been this way? Mine is also relatively loud (different model) my friends comment often, sounds like a jet afterburner..... below is a link to an Aquahot forum, the moderator owns a business servicing them. He has helped me a few times with odd problems. 

http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Aqua-Hot-Questions