Sign in to follow this  
rlbarkleyii

BEST ALLISON SERVICE IN GEORGIA! W.W. Williams

After having a VP44 pump and lift pump installed on my 02" Journey at Turbo Diesel and Electric in Macon GA. I suddenly had a data link electrical problem which caused my trans check light to come on and the tranny went to "limp" mode. They did not have Allison software and denied that they caused the problem. Spent almost a thousand dollars at Middle GA Freightliner for diagnostics of data link problem that they could not find. (See RV Reveiws.Com) GA for whole story. Check Middle Georgia Freightliner and also Turbo Diesel Electric.  AVOID THESE TWO SERVICE SHOPS, in MACON GA.!!!    

Now for the GOOD part of this story, I called W. W. Williams, Atlanta after getting screwed over by the fore mentioned company's,  and they fit me in within three days, called me back almost daily status, provided a detailed cost estimate of not only what I brought the MH there for but also other things the found. They almost immediately found the data link problem, within one hour! Dropped the pan on my Allison found dirt in pan, cleaned/flushed housing, removed and overhauled the valve body, replaced some internal parts and internal harness due to age, replaced pan gasket, internal filter, refilled it with TES-295 and changed external filter. They determined the problem I had with check light and limp mode was due to a part of the data link harness was pulled loose and burned/shorted  the cable when it came in contact with hot manifold probably at Turbo Diesel during the pump install. In addition they found a resistor end at another part of the cable had water in it, also probably done at Turbo Diesel Electric when they washed down the engine with water to get fuel they spilled on it. Back on the road again!!!!

These guys did a great job, fast competent, professional service and they did not break the bank. As a matter of fact they came in sixty dollars under the estimate so I bought with the difference  two gallons of Allison TES-295 trans fluid for $32.00 each, YES you heard me THRITY-TWO dollar per gallon. (Normally retail $58-65 for Allison Approved  product) They also handle Donaldson filters.

I WILL USE THESE GUYS AGAIN, RECOMMEND THEM HIGHLY!!!!!!

Thank you for the information.  It's always nice to have an alternative to Atlanta Cummins.  I have used the Cummins Coach Care in Atlanta before and they do have some really good tech's, but the Labor rate is high!

Carl

W.W. Williams labor rate max's out at $150 hr for RV  stuff, $115 for AC, and another rate midway for Allison and engine. But even if the labor rate is high, what really counts is how much they bill you for. Middle GA Freightliner billed me for three hours and couldn't find the problem, Williams billed me for one hour to find and fix the data link problem.