clifffenno

Cornerstone RV Extended Service

When searching for an extended service plan for your RV, do not  consider Cornerstone RV. When we bought our coach at LazyDays in Tucson, they pitched Cornerstone and we paid $6,178.00 for a four year contract with a $500.00 deductible.  I currently have the coach in for service at a Caterpillar dealer. The Cat techs diagnosed the problem as a faulty fuel pump on Monday. Cornerstone has stonewalled the repair until Friday morning, if I am lucky enough to have them finally make a call to authorize the repair tomorrow morning. I have just wasted several hours on the phone hearing the normal "we have policies and procedures we must follow".

When I mentioned I would like to have my coach back, the response was "it has only been two days since we started our review". They actually required a third party go to the Cat dealer to review the diagnostics. Really.  This isn't a shady back alley mechanic. This is a certified Caterpillar dealer with certified technicians working in a new facility with state of the art equipment. How insulting to this dealer. I expect extended service plans to be annoying at best, but have found this lack of service  plan to be absolutely unacceptable. 

clifffeno.  Welcome to the Forum!

Since you have a CAT I expect this is a used coach.  Would you please let us know what you have?

I agree with your thoughts and $6,100+ is a lot of money....How much is the fuel pump with labor, less $500?  Some believe in extended service plan, some don't.  I'm a don't !  I'm guessing 20% of what you paid, went to Lazydays.  Extended Service, Insurance Co,. they all go by statistics...in your case, they are betting that in 4 years, they will have spent 30% to 50% of what you spent.

Your not the first "Cornerstone" complaint on this Forum.

Carl 

I had GS extended warranty when i bought my previous MH from CW.  The MH was used with 2k miles.  It was junk.  Made by Thor for CW Freedom Elite 23'.  Every time I went to CW with a problem it was a different company.  Sales does not talk to service and parts dept is separate.  My first problem (no warrantee on used) I took it in for TV cable switch.  I had to pay the $50 deductible and the switch was not covered for some silly reason.  So I basically paid the whole bill.  I also complained about the ride it was really bad worse than a Willys Jeep.  They said they could not do anything about that.  The doors all flew open, the micro wave plate would fly out.  They replaced the latches on some of the doors, you could get them n Walmart.  I found a local RV mechanic and he shook his head and said he never had one that rode like that.  He put shocks on it and took about 6 spring leafs out and it improved it a little.  Cost about $1000.  Finally traded it for a slightly larger Coachman class c and will not by any extended warranty, I will pay as I go.  I will never deal with CW again.  I am a lifetime GS member.

Welcome to the forum Jerry. Unfortunately you are finding out why many on hear (Me included) self insure. Put the money in a savings account and if you don't need it you have money to put down on the next coach. I may just be lucky but the only repair I have done was to replace a convection /microwave oven. I spent less than the $500.00 deductible in the OPs post.

Bill

I have to agree with the Posters on this forum.  Cornerstone United is terrible to deal with and will cost you extra money and time on every repaire.  They delay decisions knowing that the customer will pay out of their own pocket just avoid having to wait and wait and wait to have their coach repaired.  There may be better extended warranty companies out there but, I can tell you by first hand experience, Cornerstone United is NOT one of them.  Stay away from this company!

bivangep.  Welcome to the Forum!

I do the same as Bill.  The coach under my name is #17 in almost 50 years. :)

I also STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you DO NOT purchase a Cornerstone extended warranty. They denied every claim I submitted. I paid close to $4000 and received not even a dime from them. Their agents #1 job is to deny claims.

On 5/6/2017 at 2:13 PM, gregnpat said:

I also STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you DO NOT purchase a Cornerstone extended warranty. They denied every claim I submitted. I paid close to $4000 and received not even a dime from them. Their agents #1 job is to deny claims.

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately that is the case more than more.

Bill

I too am a victim of the Cornerstone Extended Warranty fiasco.  Don't spend money with this company!  They have attorneys that can run circles around you in and effort to avoid covering your needed repairs.  Buyer beware!

2 hours ago, bivangrp said:

I too am a victim of the Cornerstone Extended Warranty fiasco.  Don't spend money with this company!  They have attorneys that can run circles around you in and effort to avoid covering your needed repairs.  Buyer beware!

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you had problems with Cornerstone Extended Warranty's.

Bill 

Allow me to be the next victim of Cornerstone.  We own a 2017 Thor 31S Windsport from General RV in Tampa, Florida and were suckered into the $6,000 Cornerstone ponzi scheme.  I won't go into all the issues we have endured with this rolling piece of junk but our latest is critical.  On our way home from Kansas we noticed the right side wall moving up and down every time we hit a bump.  Dropped it off at General RV in Jacksonville, FL for that and a few other minor issues.  After finding out that a BRACKET had broken away from the frame they informed us that Cornerstone does not cover that or any of the other issues we have.  According to Cornerstone they ONLY cover electrical and mechanical issues.  Minor repairs not covered, which includes a hole in the couch, ok, no big deal.  But not covering the BRACKET that broke away from the frame that had the potential to cause a major accident while being driven?  And Thor's "warranty" yea well that's only good for 1 year.  NEVER AGAIN!  Dealership, Thor and Cornerstone are all crooks as far as I'm concerned.  At this point my husband is top notch mechanic and me, well I think it's time for me to learn how to do all the other rv repairs.

Well I guess I’ll jump in with some very positive aspects of Cornerstone. We have a 2018 Newmar coach (with 48,000 miles)and after the one year factory warranty Cornerstone has reimbursed over $13,000  in repairs/replacements to awnings motors, residential fridge repairs, rim replacement, and HVAC repairs….no hassles, no disputes nothing but outstanding service…..self insurance concept is questionable.  I enjoy the lifestyle and the peace of mind…

I ran across the same bad experience with Cornerstone a few years ago. My Mountain Aire had a Hydr Hot system than wasn't working on the electric side for hot water. Because the policy said "water heater" "furnance" they wouldn't cover it. Their reason was it's a engine preheater, which is true on some installations just not mine. Fortunately the repair was onle about $100 more than the deductable. Typical insurance company play on words.

On 1/25/2024 at 2:41 PM, roadking said:

I ran across the same bad experience with Cornerstone a few years ago. My Mountain Aire had a Hydr Hot system than wasn't working on the electric side for hot water. Because the policy said "water heater" "furnance" they wouldn't cover it. Their reason was it's a engine preheater, which is true on some installations just not mine. Fortunately the repair was onle about $100 more than the deductable. Typical insurance company play on words.

You are replying to a 7 yr old thread.

1 hour ago, roadking said:

Sorry Rayin, I didn't realize there was a limitation on responding to a post. 

It isn't a problem. However be aware some of the people in old threads may not be on any more.

Bill