Sign in to follow this  
MOHOMER729

Slide out Awning Removal For Seal Replacement

MO, 

Welcome to the Forum. 

Please give us the make, model, year and size of your  coach. So may variables without this information. 

Get this information and let's see what we can do for you.

Herman 

59 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

MO, 

Welcome to the Forum. 

Please give us the make, model, year and size of your  coach. So may variables without this information. 

Get this information and let's see what we can do for you.

Herman 

Thanks for the reply.  The awning is made by Domestic and is on my 2015 Fleetwood Expedition 40X.

If you are talking about the "topper" that covers the top of the slide, I guess you could remove the roller part from the slide itself and let it roll back to the rain gutter but if you do, make sure you have two people when you do.

When I pulled my slide out of my Winnebago. I started with the slide all the way in, unbolted the topper awning mounts from the slide. Had to run a strap around the a/c unit to hold it up. Got my slide out, did my floor, replaced my seal, moved the slide back in place, bolted it up then moved all the way back in, the bolted the topper rail back to the slide. Was able to get it done by myself. Just make sure you put a pad on the roof under the topper rail.

F402472.  Welcome to the Forum!

WOW !  Did you use to build coaches?  All the slide toppers, I have been around, are spring loaded and pretty tight, how did you get around that issue by yourself?

I have never seen one person pull a slide all the way out...you related to Superman?

Carl

While at HWH this summer I saw them working on a Prevost slide. They had the slide pulled out on a fork lift. They told me that is was easier and quicker to just pull the slide to replace the seal. Might be a bit more difficult if it is a kitchen slide, but what do I know.

By the way the coach had formally been owned by "Girls Gone Wild". :rolleyes: If coaches could talk wow.:wub:

Herman