rlbarkleyii

Windshield Wipers Won't Go Go Park Position.

Windshield wipers run on my 02 Journey but won't retract to park/home position in center of windshield.

Suddenly they stop on the opposite sides of windshield where they interfere with my vision?  

Does the motor have to be replaced?  

What is the fix?

Have you checked the switch for a loose wire?  Motor same thing, including ground?  Could also be one of the gears is sticking or broke!  Mine park up against the roof line, but would just stop in middle, turned out to be a frayed ground wire from motor...not had a problem in 2 years now.  How old are your blades?  I change mine annually and the arm every 2 years.

In case it is the motor, any Auto part store has one...take a photo of how it's wired on the old one.

Carl

RL, usually it is an internal fault in the motor, park is built into the motor, not usually in the governor or module that controls it if yours is equipped that way. I would follow Carl's advice first, Call Winnebago, see if the park function is internal to the motor, then start to seek out a new motor. You do have the option of flipping the switch as close to their proper park position so they are not in your view if you want to save a few $$.

Had a similar problem on  mine last year - they would park in the middle of the window, would not run continuous (only single sweeps).  We had been in HEAVY rain for hours.  The next day they worked fine.  Suspect the control box (in compartment under the driver side front) got a little too moist and went crazy.  So not always a motor fault.

Lenp

23 hours ago, jleamont said:

RL, usually it is an internal fault in the motor, park is built into the motor, not usually in the governor or module that controls it if yours is equipped that way. I would follow Carl's advice first, Call Winnebago, see if the park function is internal to the motor, then start to seek out a new motor. You do have the option of flipping the switch as close to their proper park position so they are not in your view if you want to save a few $$.

Tried turning off at park position, did not work. Always returns to outboard position, opposite of park position. otherwise works fine.

Do you know where your motor is?  If you do, then disconnect your wires, kill some time by cleaning, then reconnect and throw some water on window and turn on wiper.  When you turn them off, it should go to normal park position.  If not, get a new motor.

Carl  

Finally fixed the wiper problem, turns out the wiper struts attached to the output shaft of the motor spun 180 degrees on the shaft. Loosened the retaining nut on shaft, repositioned struts to proper park position, re-tightened retainer nut and that fixed it!   Thanks to all for your information and help!