manholt

Replacing Head and Fog lights

Brett.  I'm on 50A, but I have to have gen set slide out to get at lights...I have 3" in front and 12" in rear of wiggle room.  Yesterday, I had the shop folks open the front door so I could get the #'s...2 hrs later was clear coat time, so door came down...it's dark and lonely in here! :(

12 hours ago, manholt said:

Ray.  I saw those yesterday, too small for my holes and mine are single... one for low beam, one for high beam.  Where you have 2 lights on bottom, is where my fogs are, just a foot closer to each other. :(

LOL my bus is 4 eyes with low beams outboard and high beams inboard with driving lights at the bottom.  Not six because the driving lights turn off when high beams are on.  

Brett idea is worth checking out but here is another.  I just ordered for a electrical contractor a pair of 7 x 6 LED Head lamps for his work truck.   Maybe yours can use the round ones.  Anyway we will see how well this will work for him as this had great reviews.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L6S5SVK/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You just use a bigger hammer to tap them in.  I'm sure you can find round ones with a search like I mention above.  

5 hours ago, manholt said:

Ray, I'm having a visualization problem...how does a 7" x 6" fit in a 6" round hole? :blink::rolleyes:

I will loan you my Sawzall.:P

Bill

20 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I will loan you my Sawzall.:P

Bill

Or he can bolt them over the outside and not see the original round holes unless he wants to square (rectangle) them up.  :D

4 hours ago, huffypuff said:

Or he can bolt them over the outside and not see the original round holes unless he wants to square (rectangle) them up.  :D

Only if I can watch.:D No on second thought I couldn't watch.:o

Bill

Hi, I just replaced both headlights with these from Amazon. The lights are still dimmer than  would like and I will look at different bulbs next. My lights were glossed over and cleaning kits didn't help much..

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Eyes-FR380-B001L-Lincoln-Driver/dp/B003SYYUF6/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Lincoln|55&Model=Navigator|711&Year=2002|2002&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=10&vehicleType=automotive

2005 Country Coach Allure 34'

nk,

Before changing the bulbs check the voltage to the lights like Brett said. 

Several things can make bulbs not functional to their full potential. Volts, bad ground and too small wire guage.

Herman 

For some reason, the lenses with the grid vs. the clear ones don't project a beam. It's like the different between a spot light and a flood light. Here is an example of before and after (the coach in the Before is not mine, googled my year make and model)

IMG_2909.JPG

Herman.  We checked voltage today and it's 12.3...they are to busy here now, so I'll have it done in Lajitas this weekend...my friend the electrician will be there!  :D

Joe.  :lol:

Carl

Check your voltages, if ok replace them with LED from a Jeep IF they fit that will make you smile :).  DW had a GMC Yukon with factory projectors, if you turned the auxiliary  driving lights off you'd crash into something. It's a common problem with certain vehicles, her Explorer was not as bad, but bad, my co car 15' Malibu, you can see pollen in the air :o

Here is a video that demonstrates the differences with an aerial view of a Freightliner Cascadia driving in the dark.

Ok, had enough of not being able to see very well in the dark. Installed these in place of ,my driving lights. https://www.iowa80.com/view-cart/

I have a two way rocker switch on the dash for the Low/high function. While at it, I put in a set of Sylvania Silver star headlamp bulbs.

They fit perfectly in the existing spot. Only issue; they are designed to mount into a headlamp bucket with trim ring, I had to fabricate mounting brackets.

LED driving lamps.jpg

Here are pictures of my recent headlight update.  LED projector lights provide great light.  I have to look into Jlemont's driving lights but the link's no good!

AUfeHnpl.jpg

iNAmTg7l.jpg