benny@waskomtexas.com

One-year member coming up on renewal

How do I find out when our membership renewal is due ? I know it is our fault, but we got so very little out of our membership that we probably will not join again. We joined to get into the forum and meet other owners of type "B" motor homes. For various reasons we have not attended any rallies, so we have met no one. Also, the "B" forum is almost totally inactive.

http://community.fmca.com/index.php?showforum=4

How do I find out when our membership renewal is due ? I know it is our fault, but we got so very little out of our membership that we probably will not join again. We joined to get into the forum and meet other owners of type "B" motor homes. For various reasons we have not attended any rallies, so we have met no one. Also, the "B" forum is almost totally inactive.

http://community.fmca.com/index.php?showforum=4

Attending an FMCA Convention or joining an FMCA chapter are great ways to meet others with similar interests.

Have you looked through the Chapters to see which ones have interests that align with yours -- Including Class B's?

I remember at the Perry GA FMCA Convention this last spring a whole field of Class B motorhomes parked together -- and having a great time.

Many systems, travels, and lifestyles of Class B owners are the same as Class C and A's. So, you are correct, the "exclusive Class B" forum is not very active, BUT questions on any appliances or systems, destinations or general comments certainly could be posted by others with Class B coaches- in the appropriate subject area.

Most FMCA members do not really look that closely at what their neighbors drive-- you will find 1.5 million dollar coaches right next to and spending time with those with 20 year old small coaches. But, yes, you can find "exclusive groups" sure, if that is what your are interested in.

To answer your other question about your renewal date, once you have signed in (as you are when you post here), scroll over "Members" drop-down menu at the top of the page right side. Then click on "Renew Membership." It will show you when your membership expires. If you are signed in and select "Update Membership," you will see your membership "valid thru" date there as well.

Brett Wolfe

Like Brett I was going to suggest that you attend a convention or at least a local rally before you give up on FMCA. I think one rally will change your mind. I checked the mileage from Waskom to Albuquerque and it is close to 1000 miles. That would be the best place to get your "feet wet" with FMCA. After we attended our first national convention, we were hooked.

As to the forum, it is lamentable that there isn't more action in the class B category. I had hoped your participation would draw out others to respond and get involved in the forum. There are many who are lurking but not participating. We could have a grand free-for-all if everyone joined in.

We have prior plans so won't be in Albuquerque but hope to see you at a convention in the future.

Guest Wayne77590

Rolacoy,

You and I have chatted by email and iChat a few times, and I enjoyed it. I don't get on the chat circuit to much, but when I do, I enjoy it - most times.

As Brett and Tom have indicated. Also, participating in the forum, whether it be Class A, B, C, or D, you will find many commonalities in the equipment. Only the chassis and engine may differ. So there is a camaraderie, by just participating on this forum. I have learned things from this forum, and I hope I have contributed when necessary.

The FMCA is not the only group of RV enthusiasts. I belong to two other forums that I participate in regularly, and I enjoy them all.

Stick around, it has to get better, right?