brocki

Dish Users Shortcut For Change Of Service Address

Some of you may know this but when I asked on this forum, no one seemed to know.  I hope this works for you as well as it worked for me.

To change your SERVICE ADDRESS when you arrive in a new location, you can do it on your computer without having to call.  AND you don't have to crawl around and unplug your receiver. 

First log in to http://www.dish.com/

Go to MY Account and My profile. 

Down at the bottom of the page you will see an area that says "chat with a representative". 

Press the red "Chat Now" button and start by saying you want to change your service address.  BE SPECIFIC.  Say exactly what you want and give the person on the other line the zip code you are at.  I did exactly this and in less than a minute I was connected to a real person and my request was handled.  The person you are chatting with will confirm when this is done.

This next part only applies to the VIP211v(or)k receivers.  When you are done with the chat and have waited about 15 minutes for the servers to update your address, open the door to the buttons on your receiver.  You can NOT to this from your remote.  With the TV and receiver ON, press the power button for 5 seconds.  The screen will go dark and after a minute the receiver will start the reboot process the same as if you pulled the plug for 10 seconds. 

Much easier.

Your Full Time!  Would that change the local channels at my house?  Or Just the RV?  Pressing power button or pulling plug has always been the same thing and I never pull the plug out!  When I get my receiver, I write down the card number. 

Carl

Yes, when you ask Disk to change you to the local channels where you are at any given time it will change your home receiver. When you ask them to change your location to say, Charleston, SC your receiver in Galveston will lose the Houston Area channels. When we have been on the road and have changed to the different areas local channels I will call Dish when we are about 50 to a 100 miles from home and ask them to change the locals back to our home Zip Code. This way when we get home we have the locals on the TV as if we had never left. One draw back when changing you locals to where you might be at that time, is if you have any programs that are on your home locals set to record they will not be recorded. :(

Brocki, you have a good point about the chat on the computer. However I just call and get a live person to begin with, but heck that is just me. I say what ever works best for you is the way to go.

Herman

Yep, were just old fashion, I like to talk to a real, live, person:D  Computer voice don't pick up on what I say, my voice is too deep and I don't do "Girl talk"! :lol:

Carl

Carl, you are still chatting with a live person when you ask to chat with a represenative over the internet, he/she is typing instead of talking. Sometimes it's better than talking because you don't have to try to figure out what that person is saying.:rolleyes:Most of the time they are in India or Timbuktu.:wub:

Herman, I'm not sure what number you call but part of my complaint is trying to get through the $&*^@$)&$ phone trees  and then get some one from the Philippines who doesn't even know where Utah is.  I am rather hard of hearing so you can just imagine how this phone conversation goes.  I prefer to just log on line and type my request to someone who knows what a zip code is and be done with it.

You are right.  We are full timers and don't have a house to confuse the issue.  I imagine if you didn't somehow separate the different devices, everything on your account would get changed.  But if you're not home, who cares.

I got a service rep the other day that I could understand about every 5th word and then with difficulty.  Sheesh, know what you mean.

Herman, what number are you calling??????  Sounds like when you call, you somehow circumvent all the phone number crap.  Enlighten us will ya'.

855-318-0572, and when the automation goes into "If you want to --- press one", I press "Zero". I get a voice that says something like "Invalid Number" and then " If you want---" I will again press zero. After the third time pressing zero, I get, "Please wait til we can connect you to an operator". Those may not be the exact words, but you get the picture. I get an operator in the states the majority of the time that I can understand. 

Herman

Thanks Herman.  I use the same trick.  I'm just not as lucky getting someone in the US so I was glad to find another route.

I hope this method helps some of you that just want to get the job done without having to learn another language or screw around with phone trees or having to "pull the plug for 10 seconds" conveniently located behind a maze of other wires.  It really is quite efficient.

Brocki,

If you have the Dish 722 DVR receiver you can reset the unit without unplugging the receiver. Open the small door on the Front right side of the unit. You press the Power Button and hold it. The unit will go into the reset mode. This does the same as unplugging the power cord.

Herman