Sign in to follow this  
gordiegaffer

Jack Not Working

I have a new to me 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29 R

I made my first trip 3 weeks ago. Everything worked great. Next trip radio worked on aux but not on main and the jack panel lit up but would not turn on. All fuses look OK. Any ideas would help.

I called service dept and they told me to look for breaker next to driver seat-- could not find.  Tech also said to unplug jack panel and re-plug. That did not make any difference.

There are several safeguards to prevent the jacks from operating. The manual should tell what they are.  Examples: engine needs to be running or not  be running; emergency (parking) brake needs to be set; key switch to turn on and off the jack system not in the fully on position.  That is about as many as I can think about of the top of my head and those will vary from coach to coach.  When in doubt and you don't have the manual, call Winnebago with the serial # of the coach. 

You might want to tell us the make and model of your leveler system. Electric or hydraulic? Since this is a Winny,  I am assuming that your system is manufactured by HWH and is hydraulic with electric controller.   I learned painfully that the negative side of the electric components is particularly susceptible to playing havoc with HWH systems.

Start by checking and cleaning the negative terminals of the battery(s) that power the system. Remove negative connector clean and re attach same taking care not to break plastic connectors on terminal used by Winnebago, do not over tighten.

Next go to pump and relays and check the two or more breaker/fuses at pump. 

Next remove and clean motor and relay terminal connections one at a time so they are reassembled correctly. I use corrosion preventing product such as Mercury /Quicksilver Corrosion Preventer available at Amazon, on all exposed electrical terminals.

Winnebago tends to mount the HWH pump lower than the chassis rails, so these components are exposed to moisture stream from front wheels. You might want to put a mud flap or similar device to shield pump and related equipment from moisture and abrasion.  

If you are comfortable troubleshooting electric circuits, check for voltage at pump relays and other components. HWH has all their model data and specifications on their web site, http://www.hwhcorp.com/