Sign in to follow this  
SHOVELDOG

Allegro Water Pump Switch

Hello,

1st outing with the 1996 Allegro Bay was a success, until we were home a couple days.  The water pump will no longer shut off with the rocker switch on the monitor panel which on our coach is built into the range hood.    Have the hood pulled down  from the stove and there appears to be absolutely no access to the back of the monitor panel.  The hood appears to welded into a single piece and the plastic monitor panel snaps in from the front doesn't want to come out.

Anybody familiar with this setup?

Mike

Mike,

Does the pump continue to run?  If so, likely a pressure switch issue.

If just the "pump activated" light is on, do you have more than one switch that will turn the water pump on/off?

The pump does run on, as to more than one switch, that I don't know.  I figured it for the switch I could see as it didn't feel right.  Turned the main off for now.  I'll dig into the manual tomorrow & see if I can find another switch in the schematics.

Thanks

The pump should ONLY run when water pressure drops to below the pressure switch's CUT-IN pressure.

So, first suspect is a faulty pressure switch, or could just be a piece of crud/mineral deposit in the switch.  I would pull and clean before spending $$.

Thanks.

I had already drained the tanks, as winter isn't too far away here.  On my old coach, the water pump was at the tank, haven't found it yet on this one.  None of the literature we got with it tells us.  Suspect it involves some disassembly on the left side in the basement bin where all the water & drain connections are.

If you have already drained the tanks, it is very likely that you have air in the lines.  So the pressure switch should be calling for the pump to run.

So, you need to find out if the switch directly feeds the pump/pressure switch or if you have a RELAY.  If relay (which you certainly will have if more than one switch can turn on/off the pump) the relay could be bad.