Trynforpar

Full-wall Slide Does Not Extend

We have a 2016 Winnebago Meridian 40R and the full wall slide suddenly will not extend. There are no faults on the panel and no fuses blown as far as I can tell. There is no sound and no movement.

We are traveling cross country and currently in Nashville.

I've had many nightmares at Camping World where the unit was purchased so I'm hoping someone has some suggestions.

24 minutes ago, Trynforpar said:

We have a 2016 Winnebago Meridian 40R and the full wall slide suddenly will not extend. There are no faults on the panel and no fuses blown as far as I can tell. There is no sound and no movement. We are traveling cross country and currently in Nashville. I've had many nightmares at Camping World where the unit was purchased so I'm hoping someone has some suggestions.

Lets start with going back and reviewing the owner's manual and following it step by step. Just in case you are overlooking something.

Then tell us what make slide out mechanism you have. 

Look at the bright side at least it is in and you can drive.;)

Bill

Are you holding the button long enough for the locks to retract?  The first several times we tried to retract the FWS we also thought it was not working...until we realized it takes a while for the locks to retract and the slide to start to move.

Many of the newer Winnebagos have a two lock switches and I'm assuming yours are electric. If hydraulic, just ignore this post.  First one is the slide lock and if it is engaged the slide will not move - no juice.  You can press the lock/unlock rocker and you should hear it lock/unlock. That doesn't necessarily mean it is unlocked all the way.   The second and primary one is the control lock for all slides.  It typical configuration (again electric I don't know about Winne's Hydraulic systems) contains a key. One way is locked and the other turn of the key is unlocked. If this is not completely in the unlock position the slide will not move.  Turn the key all the way to the lock position then to the unlock position and try the slide again.

Then there is always the call to the Winnebago Service Center.  (800) 537-1885))

Wayne.  Unless they changed for 2016, WB uses HWH for hydraulics!

Trynforpar.  If your big slide is electric, have you checked your batteries?  If it's HWH check your hydraulic fluid level and lines to slide, along with fittings to make sure you dont have a leak.  It could also be a bad board or bad electric connection at pump.  The board used to be under the second step and pump was mounted under the chassis rail where all the road grime would get it.  :(

Carl  

Carl, seems Winnebaggo goes with the lowest bidder especially during the downturn of 2008. I have Kwikee slide motors, electric, and Kwikee jacks, hydraulic.  No telling what they may install.  It was just a passing thought in case they had those items, and I think there would be certain aspects of the systems that we all share.

Of course, your items are more expensive, right?^_^

On 10/23/2016 at 6:22 PM, FIVE said:

Are you holding the button long enough for the locks to retract?  The first several times we tried to retract the FWS we also thought it was not working...until we realized it takes a while for the locks to retract and the slide to start to move.

I did hold the button in long enough for the lock to retract.

On 10/24/2016 at 6:54 AM, manholt said:

Wayne.  Unless they changed for 2016, WB uses HWH for hydraulics!

Trynforpar.  If your big slide is electric, have you checked your batteries?  If it's HWH check your hydraulic fluid level and lines to slide, along with fittings to make sure you dont have a leak.  It could also be a bad board or bad electric connection at pump.  The board used to be under the second step and pump was mounted under the chassis rail where all the road grime would get it.  :(

Carl  

It is an electric unit and the batteries are fully charged. I have no power to the switch. All fuses are good.

2 minutes ago, Trynforpar said:

It is a Power Gear unit

On 10/24/2016 at 0:13 AM, Wayne77590 said:

Many of the newer Winnebagos have a two lock switches and I'm assuming yours are electric. If hydraulic, just ignore this post.  First one is the slide lock and if it is engaged the slide will not move - no juice.  You can press the lock/unlock rocker and you should hear it lock/unlock. That doesn't necessarily mean it is unlocked all the way.   The second and primary one is the control lock for all slides.  It typical configuration (again electric I don't know about Winne's Hydraulic systems) contains a key. One way is locked and the other turn of the key is unlocked. If this is not completely in the unlock position the slide will not move.  Turn the key all the way to the lock position then to the unlock position and try the slide again.

Then there is always the call to the Winnebago Service Center.  (800) 537-1885))

I called Winnebago and they were no help. 

Have you tried to contact Power Gear?

Power Gear

http://www.lci1.com/

574-254-5265

You may have to go to the factory for help. Either Winnebago or Power Gear or maybe both. 

You may have already done the following.

Fuse. Do you have power on both sides of the fuse? If not you need to go back wards to the source to the fuse. If you have power on both sides of the fuse check for continuity from the fuse to the switch and from the switch to the motor/s.

Herman

Mine is Power Gear.  Both Jacks and Air.  I Googled Lipper Industries, when I had a Jack problem earlier this Summer (they would not come up), then called them.  The downloaded both the installation & trouble shooting manual (51 pages)...Jacks came right up!  

Cavet:  If you over ride the system, then you need to re-set the computer to zero.  Manual gives you step by step, instruction, takes about 30 min.  Helps to have a helper on hand for over ride and zero!

Carl