dalruss

Living room slide

2002 Travel Supreme living room slide has a pin sheared on one side. Where can I get a shear pin and help on how to install?

Thanks,

Dal Russ

Semper Fi

Guest Wayne77590

Dal Russ,

Temporarily you may be able to use an allen wrench that will fit in the hole.

Someone should come along soon and give you some helpful information.

Ooorah!

Do you know who made the slide mechanism? Many coach builders buy them vs make them.

And be careful here. Shear pins are just that-- meant to break before other (read more expensive) components are broken.

So other than in an emergency, I would not go with a stronger or substitute pin.

Brett Wolfe

As Brett said shear pins are made to break first. Since you know that it is the shear pin you must know where it is located. If you can see it you might be able to remove a broken part of the pin if there is one. This will tell you dia. and you can measure the length.

Is your slide in or out? If it is out and you can't get it back in you can if an emergency use a come along and pull the slide in, leave it in place to hold the slide in and go to a dealer or service shop and have them look at it. As brett said there has to be a reason it sheared. I know they are expensize but a good tech. can save you money in the long run. FYI out boat props for year used brass rod for shear pins until they started to make them to fit a certian criteria.

Hope you get it fixed and on the road soon.