Sign in to follow this  
Trynforpar

Slide Problem Resolved

We own a 2016 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 40R and during the last leg of our cross-country trip the full wall Power Gear Slide stopped working. Thankfully it was in the retracted position so we were able get from place to place. I placed a call to Winnebago and they referred it to a tech who called me back. He only provided limited information which was not helpful and I also emailed Lippert and they said they would get back to me in a few days. That was 2 weeks ago. I called a local dealership who dispatched a mobile mechanic who drove to my site and he also called Winnebago. He gave the Winnebago tech their dealer number and I was shocked to hear the specific details that were provided to the mobile tech that they never gave me when I called. It turns out that there are 2 micro switches hidden in the top of 2 cabinets that housed the pistons that are part of the slide locking system. One of the pistons was stuck and needed to be lubricated and now all is fine. I am a mechanical engineer who could have resolved this problem if they only supplied me with the same information but I guess thats how they repay the dealers for selling their products. Very frustrating!!

Yes that's how they treat us when they don't know us, try calling Hewlett Packard about a lazer printer or a 5500 designjet, without a schematic in hand. Used to be HP dealer, never again, Lexmark now.