chlhcdhlfh, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

2010 Quest dead ! I think you are asking about a motorhome and not the car. Could you post some additional information model and make of the coach in question?

Rich. 

On 11/5/2016 at 1:02 PM, chlhcdhlfh said:

Plugged in between use, couple weeks or so.  Won't start, dead batteries?  Bought all new batteries, house and chassis.  Must be something else, help!!

Make sure the battery disconnect switch is on. Like Rich said we need more info. It will help you get better answers to put your coach in your signature. See how others have done.

Bill 

Sorry-- new to this.  2010 Fleetwood Quest on 2008 Dodge chassis, with Mercedes diesel.

All new batteries. Disconnect switch is on.  Jump start, good while using, week or so.  But when parked for awhile, plugged in, goes dead.  

Thank you.

Sounds like two problems, you have a parasitic bleed somewhere or you are leaving something on that draws current. It also sounds like your unit is not charging on house current. Do you have a converter or inverter/charger?

And, do both house and chassis batteries discharge?  What does your digital voltmeter say (digital voltmeters start under $20 and are very important in diagnosing RV issues),

chl,

Welcome to the Forum. 

It will help you to purchase a battery charger. It can help you keep your batteries up til you can determine what you have dragging down your batteries. Be sure you get a smart charger that will be able to charge your batteries and the just maintain them.  I carry one all the time just as a precaution. 

Herman 

20 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

chl,

Welcome to the Forum. 

It will help you to purchase a battery charger. It can help you keep your batteries up til you can determine what you have dragging down your batteries. Be sure you get a smart charger that will be able to charge your batteries and the just maintain them.  I carry one all the time just as a precaution. 

Herman 

On 11/6/2016 at 11:48 AM, campcop said:

Sounds like two problems, you have a parasitic bleed somewhere or you are leaving something on that draws current. It also sounds like your unit is not charging on house current. Do you have a converter or inverter/charger?

Converter

We really need more information to keep from just shooting in the dark and perhaps giving you inaccurate information for your coach.

Are you on shore power?

Solar charger?

What is voltage of chassis battery:

Not plugged in?

Plugged in?

What is voltage of house battery:

Not plugged in?

Plugged in?

How long did you run the engine/how far did you drive in your post immediately above where voltage started out at 13.6 and batteries (need to know whether both chassis and house batteries or just one) went dead.

If you like, just click "quote" and then use SOLID LETTER CAPS BY THE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER.

chlhcdhlfh, There is very limited information covering you coach,but I did find this information. Fleetwood Customer Support-1-800-322-8216. 

The first file is a manual that should be close to matching you's. The second file is a copy of the 12 volt electrical information that is in the manual. Note, the is a line hi-lighted in red at the bottom of some information that should have come with your coach. If it is missing call the number above and see if they can supply you with a copy. 

Rich.

2010_PULSE_ICON_QUEST.pdf

Fleetwood Quest 12 volt electrical.pdf

My coach does not charge the starting batteries when parked, only the house batteries.  When your coach is parked and plugged in do your starting batteries read 13+V showing that they are being charged just like your house batteries should be reading?

We all understand that manufactures produce products that work in different ways. The manual tells a lot but it doesn't tell everything. An example of that for my RV is that the manual does not state it has a Trik-L-Charge, so that when plugged in both service and house batteries are maintained.  That trickle charge voltage is around 2 amp or less as needed. I found out that information by talking to the manufacturer.  

Another thing I found out was that my step, Kwikee in my case, had a continuous current draw using a current limiting switch.  For a couple months I would return to my storage area to find my service batteries low in voltage.  The manufacture service center advised to turn the step to the "off" position because current draw of the step along with the other electronic components were more than the solar or trickle charger could support. 

After turning the step off when I put it in storage I never had another problem with the batteries going to a low voltage.  So give it a try, turn off the step and see if it holds a charge.

Good point Wayne! Also, don't know if you have checked for AC (alternating current) on the chassis side with motor running. TO do this you will need a digital VOM, place the meter to AC and place the two probes on the appropriate terminals at the battery, if the meter reads nothing, no worries, if you see any voltage in this setting, this is an indication that one or more diodes are bad in the voltage regulator, usually inside the alternator. I owned a pickup truck once and found this to be a problem, causing the battery to drain. Replaced the alternator, problem solved. Not always the case, but a very inexpensive test, just remember that the motor must be running to perform, as it will only show up if the alternator is in output mode.

I had a '69 Plymouth that gave me a fit with alternator reading.  Took it apart and one of the four diodes was not soldered on one post.  Soldered it an all worked well.  Yep! Happens from the great craftsmen building the items.