Weiss

New Members

Weiss, Welcome to the FMCA Forum ! 

Hope you find the forum helpful and remember on this forum there are no dumb questions! The newest member to the oldest are always on a learning curve and yes some are steeper then others depending on each members skill sets.

Rich.

Welcome to the forum. Nice coach, now if you put your coach information in your signature when you ask questions you will get better answers faster.

Bill

Weiss.  Welcome!  Nice looking coach you have!  Now, get out and enjoy the scenery as you travel to new places..:)

Carl 

It's a great big wonderful world!  Have a great time!

Nice rig, nice green grass.  Are you thinking of heading south for the winter?  It's the best way to winterize your rig!  :lol:

23 hours ago, TBUTLER said:

It's a great big wonderful world!  Have a great time!

Nice rig, nice green grass.  Are you thinking of heading south for the winter?  It's the best way to winterize your rig!  :lol:

Had it winterized at the factory before leaving Elkhart & returning home last week.  It was 70 degrees in Indiana in November so not sure if that means we're going to skip winter this year or we're going to pay the price in December, January, & February.  We're still working so it's at an indoor storage facility until the spring thaw.  I wish we could head south instead of winterizing but will be a few years.  We figure we should have lots of experience when the time comes.

Still working?  That's sad...:(

We retired in 2001 and went full time, living in a motor home for almost ten years.  :)

After almost ten years on the road without a fixed home, Louise decided we needed a home. 

Now I'm mowing grass six months a year.  :(

1 hour ago, TBUTLER said:

Still working?  That's sad...:(

We retired in 2001 and went full time, living in a motor home for almost ten years.  :)

After almost ten years on the road without a fixed home, Louise decided we needed a home. 

Now I'm mowing grass six months a year.  :(

Knowing where you winter, you have to mow year round no break in the winter.:o 

Bill, it seems that you are not familiar with the agreement the Rio Grand Valley has with their winter Texans:o. "If they come for the winter and maintain their property for that period of time, the RGV won't let the grass grow or yard maintenance get out of hand:rolleyes:." The one caveat is, is that they have to return each winter." Sounds like a win, win for both sides.B)

Herman

Unfortunately, I'm not benefiting from the arrangement that Herman mentions.  Guess I'll have to check on that.  I don't mow grass in the summer because we are GONE!  We hire one of our friends in our park (an independent contractor with a lawn mower) to take care of our property.  He doesn't weed the garden so that is a task for me when I return each fall.  When we had an RV lot, the park took care of the mowing in the summer.  Once we put in a mobile home, we have to foot the bill.

Weiss - Welcome to the forum.  We have the big brother from Nexus - a Bentley.  I hope you enjoy you new rig and get to go on some weekend/vacation trips while you are still punching the time card. 

Cathi