CAROLBERG

Michagan to Florida

Question

We have a 40 foot  motor home leaving Petoskey Michigan about 11-24-16 and going to Tampa Fl. What would be our best  way to go and see things along the way?

We  like to take our time and see  as many things along the way.

If anyone can help us out it would be great.

Don and Carol

7 answers to this question

South would be my choice. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. You have so many choices. 

Memphis and Graceland, the Natchez Trace in Mississippi.  New Orleans, Mobile and the USS Mobile Battleship,  Atlanta and Stone Mountain. There are so many places to choose from.  FMCA has a trip planning service, you may want to check there. 

Happy travels. 

Herman 

Don and Carol, you might want to explore as you get father away from potential bad weather. If it were us I would drive straight to any state south of I-40 then start to explore, and that could be a bit cold there also. That late in November the weather is too unpredictable to chance in a motorhome.

A few places that come to mind;

Savannah Georgia, Tennessee, New Orleans, Destin FL (on the pan handle), St, Augustine FL. depending on what you are looking for i.e beach front, history, shopping etc.

Here's another vote for Stone Mountain.  I am sitting at the base right now in a great campground.  The Christmas activities will be going on by the time you get here so it should be beautiful and lots of fun.

If you have not visited the Air and Space Museum in Dayton, OH I consider this a must see.  It takes 2 days so give yourself the time.  A detour to Louisville would give you time to stop at some of the best Bourbon Distilleries for sampling and factory tours and then drop into Nashville and try to catch the Grand 'Ole Opry.  I know, I thought that was stupid also until I did it.  Now I am heading back that way next week and want to do it again!!   That lets you head to Atlanta for Stone Mountain and then you have to choose a direction.  If you are ready to get to Tampa just follow 75 and you are there.  If you aren't done exploring you could head to the coast and visit Savannah, GA, St. Augustine, Daytona Speedway (take a spin around the track at 160 MPH) and Daytona Beach for a drive on the beach.  It's onto Orlando for a visit with Mickie and you are almost home!

14 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Lots of great suggestions. 

Bill did you get the windshield taken care of?

Herman 

Yes.  Prevost has a service center in Jacksonville, FL.  I used a bunch of duct tape to keep the windshield in place and drove about 60 MPH up I95 from Titusvillle.  They had me fixed up the next day.  We got to see the Blue Angels perform at the Sea and Air Show and then came to Stone Mountain after the weekend crowd left.  A night by the fire was a really nice change.