2008monaco

2014 Equinox Wobble

How many amps does it draw with fuse #32 in?

If a reasonably-sized charge line from coach to toad battery will solve it, that is no big deal.

Death wobble 2014 GMC Terrain 4 cylinder

I've just read the blog on the death wobble. I have experienced this 6 times in the past two months on a 2000 mile trip. Thankfully all 6 times we were able to pull off safety. In CA where the roads were bad was our worst experience, but then it happened going over bridges and rail road tracks at even a lower speed.  We travel between 56-60 miles an hour. In this trip I had front shocks replaced on motorhome thinking this was the problem. Then the wobble returned after shocks replaced and then had I had a new Roadmaster Sterling tow bar replaced and this didn't help either. We are currently traveling with this issue and are very concerned about ours and others safety. Our vehicle was recommended as towable through FMCA Towing guide. This is a MAJOR safety issue that needs attention NOW.

We haven't tried towing without removing the #32 fuse.

So thankful no one has been harmed or died. We've been RVing for 20 yrs and have never experienced anything so terrifying as this. We just got the 2014 Terrain a year ago and we had the wobble twice last year on a short trip but thought it was just the road.

Some one in the industry needs to get on this before someone dies.

Death wobble 2014 GMC Terrain 4 cylinder

I've just read the blog on the death wobble. I have experienced this 6 times in the past two months on a 2000 mile trip. Thankfully all 6 times we were able to pull off safety. In CA where the roads were bad was our worst experience, but then it happened going over bridges and rail road tracks at even a lower speed.  We travel between 56-60 miles an hour. In this trip I had front shocks replaced on motorhome thinking this was the problem. Then the wobble returned after shocks replaced and then had I had a new Roadmaster Sterling tow bar replaced and this didn't help either. We are currently traveling with this issue and are very concerned about ours and others safety. Our vehicle was recommended as towable through FMCA Towing guide. This is a MAJOR safety issue that needs attention NOW.

We haven't tried towing without removing the #32 fuse.

So thankful no one has been harmed or died. We've been RVing for 20 yrs and have never experienced anything so terrifying as this. We just got the 2014 Terrain a year ago and we had the wobble twice last year on a short trip but thought it was just the road.

Some one in the industry needs to get on this before someone dies.

I tow a 2012 Chevy Equinox and have the same wobble problem as the Terrain.  I wonder if anyone makes a unit like SteerSafe that helps with motor home steering.  It seems like anything that would dampen the attempt to wobble would stop the problem. 

3 hours ago, worob40 said:

I tow a 2012 Chevy Equinox and have the same wobble problem as the Terrain.  I wonder if anyone makes a unit like SteerSafe that helps with motor home steering.  It seems like anything that would dampen the attempt to wobble would stop the problem. 

I have never heard of a add  on steering stabilizer. 

Why not do a little reading as the FIX has ben discussed several times.

Bill

If I understand correctly, if you have the 4 cyl version and you pull the #32 fuse you might have the wobble, but if you leave the fuse in you won't. So here is another question on this topic. If you don't pull the fuse and add a charge line so the steering will not wobble and your battery will not drain, will your odometer rack up miles? I am considering an Equinox for my next towed, but the difference in mileage from a V6 (24 hwy) to a 4 cyl (32 hwy) can be significant. So if the fuse needs to stay in to keep from having the wobble issue but it racks up miles, I guess I need to consider the V6!

Just sticking my nose in because I tow a 2011 AWD Equinox with the 4 cyl.  Been pulling it for about a year and 8000 miles with no problem.  Don't know if I've been lucky, or the 2011 has something different.  I do pull the #32 fuse.  The YouTube film of the Jeep is pretty scary though.

2 hours ago, cdsuggs said:

Just sticking my nose in because I tow a 2011 AWD Equinox with the 4 cyl.  Been pulling it for about a year and 8000 miles with no problem.  Don't know if I've been lucky, or the 2011 has something different.  I do pull the #32 fuse.  The YouTube film of the Jeep is pretty scary though.

Do you have electric or hydraulic power steering?

1 hour ago, BillAdams said:

Did anyone mention a 2011 AWD Equinox?  Maybe I missed that.

Nope, just saying that I haven't had the problem on that year.  I'll go back to sleep now.