gglenn

Monaco Keys For Side Door (Trany Cooler, Fuel Filters Door)

I'm the second owner on our 2004 Monaco Diplomat,  I never got keys for the side bay door that has the vent for trany cooler and access to the two fuel filters.  They look to be a round key, like some bike locks.   I just take the nut off the back when changing filters, but it's getting old.

Thanks.

gglenn,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Might check with Monaco, or what I would probably do is just remove the lock and take it in to a lock smith.

A locksmith would my suggestion also, most of the round keyed locks are called H-Locks. My old Sportscoach had this type and I was able to get a replacement on ebay, but that was several years ago now.

Monaco Coach:  http://www.monacocoach.com/

You can also call customer service at 877-466-6226.  Have your coach number handy, it is the last six digits of the coach serial number (not the VIN).  If you don't know the coach number look behind the drivers seat on the wall.  If they can't replace the key the can replace the lock.

The key is a Southco E-3-5-15. They all use the same one. Got my extra one on ebay for about 6 bucks.

If in doubt, borrow one from another owner (does not have to be Monaco). Lots of different coaches use this key.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:00 AM, OkieDave said:

The key is a Southco E-3-5-15. They all use the same one. Got my extra one on ebay for about 6 bucks.

If in doubt, borrow one from another owner (does not have to be Monaco). Lots of different coaches use this key.

That key did the trick, thanks.

On 11/12/2016 at 8:00 AM, OkieDave said:

Kind of gives you a warm fuzzy feeling for security, eh? :)

I think there are only about 5 different keys used for the industry. If you want better security you need to change the locks. You can buy sets of locks (keyed alike) from any lock smith store.

Bill