jerryi

Dometic E1 Error Code

I have two AC units on my Class A Newmar Baystar.  I left the MH with the AC on and when I returned it was off.  There is an E1 code with the zone 2 flashing.  Research has indicated that this means the zone 2 AC unit is not communicating with the Dometic controller and thus neither will operate.  I've tried powering off and on, including shore power.  Should I climb on top of the MH and look to see if there is a loose connection at the AC unit?  If so, do I need to remove the AC cover and is that easy?  Is there any special precautions I need to take.  Thanks-I'm just looking if there is an easy potential solution.

Kimm

Kimm, Welcome to the FMCA Forum. There is a pile of paper work with information on the different systems included with the Coach, but if you are not the original owner, that information often gets lost.

You might look for the fuse that powers The system, remove it and after a minute or so reinstall the fuse and see if the system will self reset.

Rich.

E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and all system power module boards. System will shut down

Kimm,

Yes, welcome to the FMCA Forum.

I have no first hand information on your specific A/C unit.  But most communicate by a cable that can be reached from inside the coach/in the lower (inside coach) unit.

Remove the filters or what you need to to locate the phone-type/ethernet-type connection.  Remove, perhaps use an electric cleaner such as DeOxit and firmly reinstall.

Kimm, this is a link to a owners manual that might help. Copied the E-1 error info from it.

http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/EPiServer/Dometic/US/Manuals/RV-manuals/Air-Conditioning/Comfort-Control-Center-ii-operation-manual_17586.pdf

Resting system info.

When your unit was installed the appropriate dip switches on the electronic control
board were turned on to match your system configuration. Any time these settings
are changed, a system reset will need to be done before the CCC 2 thermostat will
recognize the updated selection. To do a system reset:
• Make sure the CCC 2 thermostat is in the OFF mode.
• Simultaneously press the MODE and ZONE buttons. The LCD will display
“IniT” and all available zones.
• Release the MODE and ZONE buttons.
• Press the ON/OFF button to exit system set up.

Rich.

Just tried the breakers, it looked like it worked momentarily.  Zone 1 did not show and error and only zone 2 showed the error.  So I turned to fan on low on zone 1, and it comes on and then shuts down again.  I'm a little tentative about doing a reset as mentioned above since I did not change anything that would call for a reset.  Is this still something I should try?

First, I want to thank all of you for your help/suggestions.  I tried a total power off system (including house batteries) with breakers and fuses out for 20 min and that did not do anything-except the controller was not showing an error all the time on zone 1-however nothing responded regardless (putting in fan mode didn't respond).  This am I tried the reset, and that did not work, in fact it is showing a zone 4 only and nothing else-so I am assuming it is a bad controller.  Are these known for going bad?  This unit is just over 3 years old.  Luckily the weather is not really requiring heat/cold, so I will wait till I get home next week to replace.

Again Thanks.

Jerry.  Welcome!

Per your original Post question (things get lost sometimes), Go ahead and remove the shroud on AC, not hard...don't fall off the roof, turn off electric to coach and check the wires up there.  The ground wire should be green and will be attached to metal.  Remove it, clean connector and metal, make sure you have a good connection also that all other  wires are  tight...while up there, you might as well look at the other AC unit...good luck! :)

Carl

I wanted to let you all know that I got the front AC working, after retrying several of the things above, mainly-turning off all power including the breakers and doing a reset then trying with the generator the front unit is running-This is great!!  I did go on the roof but there are 14 rusty screws-I'll let my husband take the shroud off when I get home :).  So I"m happy with the one A/C unit.  At least I know that it isn't the dometic thermostat and that it is likely a connection at the A/C unit.

Again-thanks