blakeloke

A Step By Step Pictorial Of Our New Flooring

Love those registers!!

DW likes carpet too much plus the ceramic tile in our coach is heated, who knows what mess that would be when pulled.

53 minutes ago, Erniee said:

Day off

The floor registers are available at Lowes. Those pictured are cast iron

You deserve a day off. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill

Ernie, I love the work you did for us with our new carpet but does that wood floor coloring work with the existing wood cabinetry?  It sure doesn't look right in the pictures posted.

Blake,

I think it looks great. Since the flooring has light and dark shades in it, I see almost exact match with a bit of contrast which I think is just right. Nice work Ernnie.

Herman

cabinets are cherry, flooring is acacia- looks great to me

this has been the choice of many of my clients, although I did not post photos here

Erniee must be tired of stepping over you to work.:P Great job of documenting the work of a true Renaissance Artist.

Great job Erniee. Blake you should be proud to show your floor to everyone.

Herman 

Thanks Herman!  We really like what we see and can't wait to go fetch it.

Was hoping Ernie would take some more time off for Thanksgiving because his family is visiting.  But, really appreciate his hard work!!

I've been back home in Conroe so Ernie has been sending pics via text so I can post and document here.

Blake

Update:

A couple of pictures of the underlayment and stair nose installation of the dinette/J-Lounge slide.  To Herman's point above regarding Ernie being a "Renaissance Artist", he uses a ruler from Woodcraft in 1/32" increments.  I can't even read that small anymore!

MH Floor E.jpeg

MH Floor F.jpeg

Update:

Ernie has completed the J-Lounge/Dinette slide.  Note, sofa slide will be covered in carpet as original since the slide floor is not exposed.

42662.jpeg

42666.jpeg

42669.jpeg

Update:  Acacia install in bedroom complete including bed pedestal.  Stairwell nearing completion.  Take a look at the entry step lights.  Ernie suggested we order these from West Marine.  Nice upgrade......better craftsmanship!

Blake

42754.jpeg

42757.jpeg

42762.jpeg

42763.jpeg

42767.jpeg

Ernie is getting close to wrapping our coach and putting a bow on it.  Final touches underway and just waiting on upholstery.  The entry way looks superb!  Well....actually everything that he has done looks supern!

ps....not sure who modified the title of this post string but THANK YOU!

Blake

42819.jpeg

42822.jpeg

42831.jpeg

MH Floor J.jpeg

42834.jpeg

42837.jpeg

42840.jpeg

MH Floor L.jpg

Beautiful job, how did you cover the engine dog house in the bedroom?  Is the flooring an engineered wood or laminate?

Thanks

Jim

Thanks Jim....credit should go to Ernie Ekberg!

The doghouse, or raised area above the engine bay and the closet floor have been redone in carpet.  The wood flooring is engineered in Acacia with a Sayell color.

Blake

Hello Everyone,

Closing the loop on this modification and upgrade.  As a refresher, we took our 2005 Monaco Windsor to Ernie Ekberg in Weatherford Texas for a much needed updating.  On the menu was a complete change out of our tile and carpeted flooring and recovering of our old sofa, J-lounge, copilot and pilot seats.

Not to brag too much on Ernie, but we found him to be a master craftsman and all around great guy.  All credit goes to Ernie on this....Deb and I just supplied the coach and a bit of grunt work.

The pictures below tell the tale of Ernie's work.....just wish the colors showed the true beauty of it.

20161213_193020.jpg

20161213_193017.jpg

20161213_192922.jpg

20161213_192949.jpg