Sign in to follow this  
bostonbernie

5 STAR TUNING

A month or two ago I had asked about any one having a opinion on the 5 Star tuning chip for the V-10  engine. I received mixed reviews of opinions pro and con.

I personally did research on what it does or what its capabilities were but needed some support either way. Well anyway I took the plunge! I have a 34ft. Fleetwood 2013 towing a Jeep Sahara 4dr. We load accordingly and are on the road for 6mos per yr. We have been  RVing for 10yrs. starting from TT to our present motorhome.

Now that the stage is set....I could not be more pleased with the 5 Star. No longer when you approach a little rise in the road do you immediately down shift, or in your transition of Mts. descent to incline is again banging down to a lower gear is gone. This alone eliminates road fatigue immensely.

I do need to clear something up...this is not magic you still have know your coach and its capabilities always keeping in mind safety first. I also gained approx. somewhere in the range od 3/4 to 1 mile per gal. OK...OK we all know that this was not made through the Mts.!!!!

SCT is the manufacture and the customer service is **************across the board. There is a set-up according to your coach which they gladly walk you through it or will take control of your computer and do it for you. Once plugged in the rest is simple. OK yes its a bit pricey $395.00 but the advantage is in your court. The unit is worth its weight in gold in the Mts. alone. This may not be for everyone or the guy who just gets out there on occasion but for me especially pulling a toad through a lot of Mtn. areas its the nuts. I also did not try to figure out how long it would take to pay for itself.......the reward was worth it.

Safe Travels

BOSTON BERNIE

Great.  Good to know...I'm sure someone will be looking around the Forum, looking to improve their rate of climb in a gas engine & $500 is a lot cheaper than Banks!   Thanks for posting.

Carl