Sign in to follow this  
NWJeeper

Hi all from western Washington

Hi to all here on the FMCA forums.

Although we have only been with the FMCA for a year now we are no strangers to RV life. Both the wife and I grew up in western Washington state. Growing up I spent a lot of time in everything from truck campers, trailers, class C and Class A motorhomes. The wife grew up riding pack horses into the back country to set up camp. We purchased our 2nd Class A motorhome last year (September 2008), a new 2009 37' Forest River Georgetown tripple slide.

Our favorite times are spent in Moab Utah and here at home in Washington on the Jeep trails and when we aren't doing that we love to take the bass boat out to the lake and spend the day castin' for small or largemouth and the occasional tiger muskie that may come along.

We have met other great folks who have belonged to the FMCA in the past on our trips and look forward to meeting more of you on the road as time and my work permit.

Jeeper,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum. We have enjoyed our travel time in Washington. It's a great state! Your experience with Moab, Utah might help Gary-Val who were looking for information on Moab to help them plan a vacation for the summer of 2010. Take a look at the discussion at Moab Utah. It sounds to me as though you could make some good suggestions.

Thanks Tbutler, I followed the link to the thread you provided and left a comment although I don't know if he is watching that thread or not anymore, it's a month old now. We wished we could spend more time down in Moab but the job thing is still in the way (only 6 more years to retirement).

NWjeeper, welcome to FMCA and the Forum. Since you and the boss have spent so much time in Washington traveling in the MH come out east to Texas. From where you are used to driving you could drive our Texas hills on cruise control and get up to make lunch. Honk and wave when you pass, who knows it might be someone from the Forum.

NWjeeper, welcome to FMCA and the Forum. Since you and the boss have spent so much time in Washington traveling in the MH come out east to Texas. From where you are used to driving you could drive our Texas hills on cruise control and get up to make lunch. Honk and wave when you pass, who knows it might be someone from the Forum.

Thanks Herman, someday when I'm retired we will but it's just too far outside our "2-week trip" limit for distance. Funny though last year on our trip to AZ we travelled a stretch of road that many here may identify with south of ELY, NV. We woke up early and got underway. My wife said to me "good god we can see where we are going to be in an hour" because the road was so straight. We did actually trade drivers twice without slowing down so we could go to the bathroom (don't recommend doing this on a regular basis though) LOL....

Thanks Herman, someday when I'm retired we will but it's just too far outside our "2-week trip" limit for distance. Funny though last year on our trip to AZ we travelled a stretch of road that many here may identify with south of ELY, NV. We woke up early and got underway. My wife said to me "good god we can see where we are going to be in an hour" because the road was so straight. We did actually trade drivers twice without slowing down so we could go to the bathroom (don't recommend doing this on a regular basis though) LOL....

NWJeeper,

There are some places in West Texas where if your Co-Pilot will stand up, she can see to Friday.

NWJeeper,

There are some places in West Texas where if your Co-Pilot will stand up, she can see to Friday.

HAA, I like that one. Will have to remember it, LOL.... Thanks for the laugh on this gloomy rainy northwest day...

Hey, NWJeeper.

Was born in Seattle, although the family moved away shortly there after. We were back in the state when I was about 7 years old. For the next 4 or 5 years we lived in various parts of the state, mostly to the east, including Spokane and the BIG town of Newport (about an hour north of Spokane, and right on the Idaho border), where my grandparents lived and are now buried. My grandfather was a mechanic at a large local saw mill. There's no more beautiful country to be seen.

Hope to retire before you. Once we are, hope to do some minor upgrades on the Wrangler and do some serious exploring. (Years ago I 'restored' a 47 CJ2A, ground up, using a rebuilt Buick 238 V6 and a warn overdrive. Wish I still had it) Moab is definitly on my bucket list as well as getting back to Washington state. Perhaps we'll run into each other on one of our future adventures.

JMonroe, drop us a line if or when you ever get back this way and we will get out on some trails together. We do a yearly run of the historic Naches Pass trail every July. This year it will more than likely be on the 21st of July. Wished we had room for other members to stay with us but unfortunately our friends motorhome is stored along side our garage in our "outdoor" rv parking spot. Love the old CJs too. Seen some beautiful ones around here.