manholt

AC Heat Pump

I see the advantages, especially for a family. Just the two of us though. If I survived a lightening strike, and then won a big lottery, I would put aqua Hot on our list of must haves when shopping for a new ride.?

46 minutes ago, obedb said:

I see the advantages, especially for a family. Just the two of us though. If I survived a lightening strike, and then won a big lottery, I would put aqua Hot on our list of must haves when shopping for a new ride.?

lets hope you win the lottery....and never have the lightening strike.

9 hours ago, jleamont said:

....when its cold and the Aqua Hot is on it also warms my coach engine...

My AH has the engine heat option, but I've never used it.  I always use the electric cord, wired in the back with the power cord.  That way I can set it, with a timer, to come on in the early AM rather then run all night.

I tried to get a figure on adding one to my 2007 Tour, in 2008 dollars, it was $16,000 and I would lose a whole pass thru bay!  No!

I have Aqua Hot in house also, runs on natural gas, also a smaller back up one that runs off Propane!  We get Hurricanes!

Carl

13 hours ago, FIVE said:

My AH has the engine heat option, but I've never used it.  I always use the electric cord, wired in the back with the power cord.  That way I can set it, with a timer, to come on in the early AM rather then run all night.

I have a cold weather package (whatever that comes with I have no idea) on the paperwork for $1280.00 and the Aqua Hot was an additional $11,200.00 :blink:

Its obvious I didn't spec this coach when it was new :o

Joe,

The cold weather package is a very important package. It is designed to keep your warm by heating you up when you think about paying $1,280.00 for something that you didn't ask for and was not described any where by the salesman or owners manual. :P

Happy Thanksgiving

Herman

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe,

The cold weather package is a very important package. It is designed to keep your warm by heating you up when you think about paying $1,280.00 for something that you didn't ask for and was not described any where by the salesman or owners manual. :P

Happy Thanksgiving

Herman

Glad I bought it used, someone else took the depreciation hit, I'm just benefiting from it :P

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Herman!

I have the engine heat for hot water and about 75 miles down the road I have HOT water.  When we are at a site I plug in and use electric. Sometime if DW forgets (Notice it is DW that forgets) to run on the hot water electric switch we will turn t on and the propane at the same time. Takes only a few minutes to heat the water.

11 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe.  You have forgotten the excessive HD Propane tank and that the buyer took the coach to Alaska! :P:lol:

Carl

Carl, you may be right! It's almost like they checked every option even when it didn't make sense, then had larger water and waste tanks done at the in service.