dlmcclintock

FMCA Member Sign

I would like to attach our FMCA Membership Sign to our ladder.  Can anyone tell me where I can get brackets to do this?  I have seen many membership signs attached to the ladder but I cannot find brackets to do so.  Thanks for any help.

Darle

2 minutes ago, dlmcclintock said:

I would like to attach our FMCA Membership Sign to our ladder.  Can anyone tell me where I can get brackets to do this?  I have seen many membership signs attached to the ladder but I cannot find brackets to do so.  Thanks for any help.

Darle

Welcome to the forum Darle. I put mine on the rear grill with zipties as I didn't want it in the way when I used the ladder. I bet some one will be along soon with info on a bracket.

Bill

Just remember to change the zip ties periodically. The plastic tends to crystallize after prolonged sun exposure. Luckily one side held while mine dangled.  I went with Kiley mold brackets and never looked back. I use the Kiley brackets for FMCA, GS Life Member, and RVMutant placards on the rear ladder.

I recommend using black ties on the outside on any application, reason, black is the only color that ultraviolet light will not break down, meaning longer life with exposure to the sun.

I recommend not installing them.  Why would I join a club who would have me as a member!? (Groucho, sort of)

Seriously, why do folks do this.  Does the complete member listing still come out each January so we can stalk each other?  Does my 192xxx number make me better than the 400xxx member but less worthy than the 3xxx member?  This whole goose egg thing escapes me.

1 hour ago, BillAdams said:

I recommend not installing them.  Why would I join a club who would have me as a member!? (Groucho, sort of)

Seriously, why do folks do this.  Does the complete member listing still come out each January so we can stalk each other?  Does my 192xxx number make me better than the 400xxx member but less worthy than the 3xxx member?  This whole goose egg thing escapes me.

The number itself doesn't make much difference, but seeing the "goose egg" can be a conversation starter, and serve other purposes.  On more than one occasion, have been taking our evening stroll through the RV park, seen the FMCA plate, and struck up a conversation with the folks sitting outside about the upcoming convention, or other FMCA issues.

Chris G.

F3508s

If I see a coach with the goose egg that interests me I'll look up the number in the member's section. Tells me names and where they are from. I'm just a snoop! Of course if there is no goose egg I'll ask them if they are outside. :-)

I call it comradely. That goose egg has sparked up many conversations at campgrounds amongst fellow FMCA members and folks interested in becoming members. I look for them and say HI! One on the back and one on the front of our coach. 

By the way those are the brackets from Kiley that Brett posted the link to.

IMG_2642.JPG

Of course you have to own an RV whose manufacturer put a ladder back there to take "advantage" of the Kiley mold.  Mine does not have that option and I am NOT going to silicone or otherwise attach that thing to my bus.

41 minutes ago, jleamont said:

I call it comradely. That goose egg has sparked up many conversations at campgrounds amongst fellow FMCA members and folks interested in becoming members. I look for them and say HI! One on the back and one on the front of our coach. 

By the way those are the brackets from Kiley that Brett posted the link to.

IMG_2642.JPG

I see why you have to use the ladder brackets. I have a rear radiator so I have a place to attach my egg. I am with you "I call it comradely" but some don't want to associate with us rabble.:P

Bill

1 hour ago, BillAdams said:

Of course you have to own an RV whose manufacturer put a ladder back there to take "advantage" of the Kiley mold.  Mine does not have that option and I am NOT going to silicone or otherwise attach that thing to my bus.

Then again, the ladder mount does not work for all ladders.  Hasn't worked on either my current or my previous coach.  Zip ties work great, tho :)

I don't have a ladder on the back of my bus either, but the manufacturer installed three sets of channels for information signs on the right rear motor door, that works great for me.

On 11/24/2016 at 4:35 PM, BillAdams said:

Mine doesn't have a ladder either so I used the thin 3M outside double sided tape for the FMCA and my GS lifetime member plaques.

1 hour ago, deenad said:

Mine doesn't have a ladder either so I used the thin 3M outside double sided tape for the FMCA and my GS lifetime member plaques.

And they look good, Deen!