jeffprupis

Mosquitos

What are some of the time tested methods for avoiding mosquitos? Been FTing 3 months and every is great except mosquitos. I've solved the general bug problem but these little buggers are keeping us indoors too much HELP??

'05 Beaver Monterey

CAT C9 400HP

'06 Jeep Liberty

Eliminating all standing water from an area is about the only way to keep them away permanently. DDT used to work well, but gov't banned that many years ago. There is some sprays that work for awhile, but I have not found that work that well.

When we camp in the woods I use our propane fired Black Flag fogger all around our site several times. Seems to work well after about four applications. Must be done when the wind is calm though. We also have a screen house and do use personal  repellent dispensers if the mosquitoes are persistently bad..

For me, it was moving the **** out of Florida!  Those little ******** were everywhere and there wasn't a **** thing you could do other than stay indoors to avoid them.

Hate that State!  A couple of times per year you forget how bad the mosquitoes were when you had to deal with those fricking Love Bugs!

Thanks for asking this question.  We had a lot of trouble in September back in the Midwest.  We plan to stay in the western states, but I know that won't eliminate the problem.  I have been looking at some of the repellents mentioned above and will now plan on making purchases before the next season starts.