rfsod48

Mobility Scooter

We need to get one of these for my wife. Want something that can be placed in the back of my toad and not to heavy for me to lift.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

rf,

Take a look at a Cricket. Can be broken down to fit in a vehicle such as a CRV. Is can carry up yo 4 people.

You can also get a power chair with a small power lift that fits in a recerver hitch.

Herman 

I don't think any of them are something any of us want to lift.  Herman is correct, there a number of devices for hauling these behind a vehicle that have a lift.  I've seen platforms that lift and also some units that have a wench to lift the scooter onto or into the vehicle.  Obviously, the lighter the scooter, the simpler and easier on the vehicle the scooter will be.  Some are quite large, I've seen some that are pretty small, it all depends on what suits your wife best.  Almost all have batteries and that means weight.  Batteries plus a sturdy frame is more than most people want to lift, at least on a regular basis. 

I started checking and this site has the widest variety of scooters.  Take your time to find just the right one. There are a variety of ways to haul these,  Some possibilities here

I am always sorry to see someone on a mobility scooter. Loss of personal mobility is a major change for anyone.  Give your wife all the support you can to deal with this. The scooter will never replace her ability to go on her own.  Best to you and Linda.

We just bought 2 from Spinlife  They come apart and no part is over 40 lbs We put them both in back of Jeep toad. We are also getting a small trailer to pull so the dogs go too