Sign in to follow this  
lindapoznikoff@hotmail.com

TV Removal On National RV Sea Breeze

Hope someone can help us. We have a 2008 Sea Breeze by National RV. Can't get help from them as they are out of business. We're having a problem taking out the front TV. No access to the back, no screws on the bottom. It's all enclosed by plastic, then the wooden frame around it. Two screws on the top of the wooden frame ... we took them out but cannot pry the front frame off. It's very tight to the ceiling, could tear that and probably crack the frame.

We belong to a National RV group called the Pacnats. Tried getting help from them. No one replied. Any ideas out there? Would be much appreciated. The TV is a Jenson, but goes to black and white after it is on for a few minutes. Maybe some cables loose or off on the back. But obviously can't check till we get the TV out.

Linda

Hope someone can help us. We have a 2008 Sea Breeze by National RV. Can't get help from them as they are out of business. We're having a problem taking out the front TV. No access to the back, no screws on the bottom. It's all enclosed by plastic, then the wooden frame around it. Two screws on the top of the wooden frame ... we took them out but cannot pry the front frame off. It's very tight to the ceiling, could tear that and probably crack the frame.

We belong to a National RV group called the Pacnats. Tried getting help from them. No one replied. Any ideas out there? Would be much appreciated. The TV is a Jenson, but goes to black and white after it is on for a few minutes. Maybe some cables loose or off on the back. But obviously can't check till we get the TV out.

Linda

First of all, WELCOME to the FMCA forum and FMCA.

I removed the TV from the front of my coach this year and had the same issues. Are there any caps that might be covering screws on the front or side or bottom of the front wooden frame? These just pry off and you can remove the screws, I had a bunch in mine. Is there maybe a side access panel?

Post some pictures and let us take a look.

You might also consider posting your question on other forums. Between FMCA.com's and others, you should be able to get your problem resolved.

Without pictures, it is difficult to offer help. I'm not familiar with your motor home and even if I were, I'd be shooting in the dark. I removed my old analog TV and replaced it with a new LCD TV about this time last year. In doing so I talked with another person in our park who had the same model and year as our coach. He wanted my help. I started describing the process and he took me to see his cabinet. Mine has a removable louvered section on the back that provides easy access. His did not. It surprised me but motor home manufacturing is such that not everything is standardized even on motor homes in the same model year. They are constantly changing and varying things. I suggested to him that he could cut a hole in the rear of his cabinet and then construct or have built a louvered door to cover that hole when he finished his project. That is one possible solution I could offer. Of course you would be cutting blind into the cabinet and might catch a wire or cable. Use as short a saw blade as will cut through the wood to minimize this chance.

In my motor home I was able to easily remove the frame that covered the front of the TV using the process GreenBeaver describes above. I found two screws in the bottom of the cabinet that anchored a wedge to which the TV was anchored down with metal straps. That allowed me to remove the straps and pull the TV from the cabinet. The two screws on the bottom weren't covered with the wood buttons but had filled over with wood putty and stained to match the cabinet. Once this was done, I found the whole cabinet to be screwed together with no glue so was able to disassemble the cabinet for modification.

Another possibility might be to see if there is access through a cabinet on one side or the other of the TV cabinet. You might have to disassemble quite a bit of stuff to get there. The rear of my AV cabinets are only available by removing the vinyl covering on the base. To do that I have to remove the curtains and power window shades. It also requires that I remove part of the plastic covering the side windshield post! Then when I'm finished I have to put it all back.

If you can take some pictures and put them in the photo section, then direct our attention to them in a reply here. I would think someone could give additional help.

When all else fails, take your motorhome to a RV dealer/service center/repair shop and see if someone there can help you with the disassembly. Then you can make changes and put it back together the way you want. RV tech's in a shop are trained in all the various ways things are put together and how to take them apart. Pay them a little for their expertise and have it taken apart without destroying anything. It may pay off in the long run.

I saw a motorhome today with washer and dryer in a cabinet that would have to be disassembled to get them out of the cabinet. Who knows why they build things this way but they do. Maybe they build this way thinking that no one will ever ask them to take it all apart!