keigm

Our New Motor Home

My wife Susan and I decided to move up to a Class A leaving behind many pleasant memories of our 27' Holiday Rambler Travel Trailer.  We went to Ft Meyers, FL about a month ago to pick it up at North Trails RV and drive the 2000 mile trip back to Albuquerque.  It is a 2014 44' Newmar Mountain Aire 4369.  We are trying to learn all the ins and outs of a motor home and have found it is much more complicated than our TT.  Last week we did a beta run to Elephant Butte Lake pulling our Jeep and are looking forward to many more trips in the future.

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

Keigm, 

Welcome to the Forum.  Nice looking coach. Have you joinedFMCA yet? If not do so and find a chapter to join. That is the best way to meet all of your new relatives in the FMCA family. 

Herman 

Nice Looking Grand Villa Nitehawk.  It looks new!  I remember one of my friends who had one and I was always envious.  

Nice coach. Fun way to get started with a 2000 mile shake down trip. I bet you had a list of things to add/to do when you got home to Albuquerque.

Now as it says on the main page "It’s time to plan your trip to Chandler, Arizona, for the 95th International Convention: Rally in the Valley!" There will be lots of seminars and activities for first timers.

Bill

Glad to hear you are coming.

Have you found a place to stop before going into Chandler to be parked? You want to go in with full water and empty holding tanks. I have reservations, for 2 nights (March 4, 5 leaving on 6) at Silverado RV Resort in Eloy, AZ which is 45 miles from Chandler.  The rate is $35 a night with a 2 night minimum and a $25 non-refundable deposit.  Like all the area parks the sites are back-ins. This may not work for you but we are coming from FW and will be parking with the Red River Rovers club. Last I heard we will be going in early on the 6th. 

Bill