patwhite

House Battery To Coach Connections

I have a 2003 Fleetwood Providence.  I run 4 six volt batteries in series-parallel configuration.

Tonight I did my twice yearly battery post cleaning, distilled water top off, and I must have put the cables from the RV on the wrong terminal posts.  I have four cables from the coach to the battery bank and also one heat sensor for the inverter.

My question - the big cable from the coach has a yellow marking on the end of it; which battery post should I put it on?  I label my batteries 1 2 3 4, number 4 being the most aft battery.

Any help is appreciated, I will also call Fleetwood Monday morning for an electrical diagram.

Pat

To be safe I would chase this lead to determine if it goes to ground or to the + (positive) to the coach load.

Jim

I am not going to say you should have labeled the wires and taken lots of pictures before you took the cables off. Really I am not going to say it.;)

Hopefully Fleetwood can email you a diagram quickly.

Bill

Pat,

That is just not enough information for us to provide an answer with the certainty needed to insure that you do not do $$$ of damage to your electrical system.

Best advice is to wait until Monday and verify wiring.

If you can't wait, you will need to trace any wires in question to their destination. 

If you have wire identification (numbers on wires), someone with the same coach may have a wiring diagram and/or be able to look at their setup.

Thanks for the replies.  I DID find the pictures that I took of the connections earlier (misplaced in the wrong folder).  I also found the electrical diagrams from Fleetwood from my alternator troubleshooting of 2015. 

It should be back together this afternoon.

Pat