rcieslak67

50 Amp Does Not Indicate 50 Amp At Intellitec

8 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Here is a place to test with a volt meter. If you check Hot to Hot (L-1 to L-2) you should read 240 volts. if they have cheated then you will get no reading of voltage. A check of each leg to a ground or neutral will detect 120 volts on each but you are getting power from the same source and not from two different legs.

Herman

Yup, outer straight to outer straight= hot to hot= 240 VAC

I was able to start my Expedition after it sat since last September. I installed my trickle charger to the starting battery and after 24 hour charge I got my cat diesel started.

I hooked up my 30 amp supply line through and adapter to my amp 4 prong plug and the Intellitec either searches, or indicates that I'm hooked up to 50 amp which I'm not.

No readout indicated as to which voltage I have just small indicator led light opposite 50 amp.

Finally determined just what the causal factor is for the Intellitec is, determined that the breaker for the washer/dryer was off and after turning it to the on

position, Intellitec is now indicating correctly. The washer/dryer breaker was off at panel because we don't use it, so no need to have the breaker on.

As to why Fleetwood would wire/assemble it this way I would not know.

" As to why Fleetwood would wire/assemble it this way I would not know" 

If I had a dollar for every time some one said that about the RV indestry I could be driving a Provost.:P

Bill

I went through this issue a couple of years ago. The input for L1 and L2 voltage sensors are connected to the sheding system. On mine it is relay 3 and 5 (L1 and L2) and relay 3 was connected the dryer breaker (I don't have a dryer) which I turned off causing the problem. I swapped the use of that relay with the water heater which is always on. The shed display is no longer correct but it doesn't matter to me.