glsponchos

Fresh Water Pump Won't Turn Off

Camping in colder weather past week.  Hooked up to city water during the day, filling the water tank.  Disconnecting water line at night running off tank.  Temperatures in high 40's to low 50's during day.  High 20's to low 30's at night.  

All has been fine until tonight.  I filled the tank as usual this morning.  I fill the tank until water comes out the overflow.  When I went to disconnect the city line tonight, the water pump won't cut off.  I checked all the faucets and nothing is leaking.  When I check the city water hose, water was being pumped out.  I flipped the lever to the tank fill setting from city water to tank fill.  The water stopped trickling out the city water hose and the pump shut off.  When I flipped it back to city water, the pump came on and water began trickling out the water hose again.  Any ideas ??

Sounds like a bad water inlet check valve.  Mine is built into my inlet hose connection and replacement would be a pain so I went to Lowe's and got a quarter turn cutoff in the garden department.